wobbley door glass....interior stripped out.

sean999

i am looking to run my cav coupe/ manta rep stripped out, pair of buckets etc. obviously there are many out there that do the same. How do yuo go on about the door cards? are they left on?

whats prompted my question is that the door windows are frameless, so once the door card is removed, so is the rubber strip at the top of the door, this inturn causes play in the door glass.

Any ideas, are there any kits out there to do this, or do you simply try and re attached the rubber somehow??

Not really sure what to do.

sean999

How about leaving the metal part of the door card (with the rubber strip) on the car but removing the cardboard bit with all the trim on. Just screw the metal part in position on the door shell.

It was something a few members suggested I do last year when I was trying to adjust the windows on my car. I found with the door card on, the window fitted differently, but with it off I could actually get to the adjusting screws. This way I got the best of both worlds.

Cheers,

Nick

i had contemplated that, but just thought it wouldn't look right. i know you can get alloy door panels like you get in race cars, and also the carbon fibre ones, trouble is as far as i am aware these are just flat panels that fir the door, they dont include the arched bit at the top of the panel that incorporates the rubber strip.

sean999