astro silver availability

skypeller

Hello people

i should be picking up a gte coupe in silver with any luck early to mid feb.

it needs a few jobs doing but it generally a very straight, honest example,

now, were all the silver gte's in astro silver?

i need to get the roof professionally resprayed due to laquer and scratching problems. Anybody got any idea at all how much (very roughly) it would cost me to get the roof resprayed to a reasonably good standard? obviously this is very rough estimate if any of you have an idea, i would prep the current paint ready for painting or ready for the bodyshop to perfect. i never really had much bodywork done on cars and always did it myself with arches and sills etc because obviously i could get away with a reasonably finish. also may need passenger door doing due to a couple of scabs appearing on there too.

where can i get astro silver aerosol cans? it needs a couple of scuffs here and there touching up on the bumper.

thanks for any help

Shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred to get the roof done especially as you're doing the prep work yourself. The door might be a different scenario as the new paint would probably be a different shade form the rest of the car & this will stand out a mile. Won't be (as) visible on the roof I'd imagine.

cheers for reply i was expecting around 2 or 3 hundred for roof, i dont know what to do about the door, i dont really want to repsray the entire car, because i would a decent job and thatll cost more than i intend to spend, i just want a vgc standard gte thats usable, at the moment anyway

Try to find a spray shop close to you that's struggling for business at the moment. A place a couple of towns from me prepped and painted the bootlid with spoiler, one rear quarter, door and wing of an old 3 series BMW all in for £350. Now if that ain't a bargain, plus the car looked nearly mint again dispite high mileage.

Something you should bear in mind is that metallics cost a lot more than a base or solid colour. I got a front manta bumper done in anthricite metallic for £80, so you may find the roof a bit dearer than expected.