ESSEX/HERTS/LONDON MEET

bettyswallox

thats sounds good what junction is the nags head off? saturday or sunday would probably be best. it can be earlier so more day light. i think it would be best if it was over the weekend of the 14th/15th as the 7th/8th places will probably be doing something for fireworks night. what do people think and how many mantas will be coming mine wont as its still in my garage/

Edited by jonmantagte

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,jon the junction is junction 28 for brentwood. and the nags head is not far from there on the right .opposite the magnus vauxhall dealer.

ive just checked ,and found that val the south east rep has got a meet organised for the 8th nov .im not to certain of the venue as yet as our regular venue has burnt down.

i would quite happily go to another meet the following week also as after december am taking my manta off the road when the tax runs out so like to give her an outing whenever i can.

not sure how many mantas will be in attendance i know for def if val comes mine and hers ( dave if you are reading this be great to see you and your b series mate) and whoever else is at a loose end and would like to give their manta a blast out before winter are always very welcome it will be nice to see some new faces.

cheers paul

Hi, I would be interested in the SE meet (as long as I get the MOT on my A) as I live in Hastings, East Sussex. Any details would be appreciated. thumbsup.gif

Mick

hello there mickb it would be good to see you and i hope the manta passes its mot mine did (it was a slighty iffy one but it passed and toke me to germany and back) i think it will be at the nags head that way we can meet some more people from the essex area as well and get more knowledge/ info which is always good. i think it will be over the weekend of 14th/15th. as had no one say they cant come altho theres not that many people talking about it let us know what you think jon

hello there mickb it would be good to see you and i hope the manta passes its mot mine did (it was a slighty iffy one but it passed and toke me to germany and back) i think it will be at the nags head that way we can meet some more people from the essex area as well and get more knowledge/ info which is always good. i think it will be over the weekend of 14th/15th. as had no one say they cant come altho theres not that many people talking about it let us know what you think jon

Hi. I am waiting for some welding to be done on the infamous jacking points to get it through. Been waiting for 6 weeks though as someone may do it slightly cheaper being a family friend. Would like to make it to the Nags Head, so fingers crossed.

Mick

hi,jon the junction is junction 28 for brentwood. and the nags head is not far from there on the right .opposite the magnus vauxhall dealer.

ive just checked ,and found that val the south east rep has got a meet organised for the 8th nov .im not to certain of the venue as yet as our regular venue has burnt down.

i would quite happily go to another meet the following week also as after december am taking my manta off the road when the tax runs out so like to give her an outing whenever i can.

not sure how many mantas will be in attendance i know for def if val comes mine and hers ( dave if you are reading this be great to see you and your b series mate) and whoever else is at a loose end and would like to give their manta a blast out before winter are always very welcome it will be nice to see some new faces.

cheers paul

Hi all, a meet sounds good, but I blew the exhaust on my B series on the way home from Suffolk 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to look at it yet. In any event, the tax runs out at the end of this month and I was going to take it off the road for the winter to sort the exhaust and some other jobs out, if I ever get time!

Paul, it would be good to see you and Val again, and anyone else that thinks they can make it, but not sure I'll get to both a local area meet and another the following weekend. Whats best, is it better to combine the two and meet up with some other members slightly further affield maybe instead of the local meeting for November? I won't be in the Manta though whatever, pity that!

Cheers,

Dave

hi,jon yes indeed it i am the paul you are thinking about. good to hear from you!

i decided not to sell the grey hatch and sell my red one instead,i got am mot on the grey one and have enjoyed some use of her again. (that was the more sensible option in the end)

i have e mailed val regarding this meet, but i know she is busy at the mo so i am awaiting her reply.

so i would like to provisionally arrange a meet for the 15th nov, i can always go to the pre-arranged one the week before (however i shall contact val and see if she wants to postpone the one for the 8th first.

sorry to hear your exhaust has given up dave,hows it looking for a replacement? it will be great to see you again just come in your regular drive ( after december i shall be mantaless for the winter period as im planning to do some bodywork to mine.

hi,mick b you have an a series ,would be cool to see that at a meet its been ages since we have seen one at one of our meets!

take care for now all , i shall post further when i have spoken to val.

paul

Hi,all just wondered how everyone is set for sunday the 15th november sunday week . there is a meet planned in this area this sun but as yet am not sure what is happening with that one as most people probably doing something as firework night is in the week,would be doing something for that at the weekend also this sunday is rememberance sunday.

I also am unable to get the manta out of the garage for this weekend as i have my mini in front of the manta,with no back end on it at the mo. and i estimate i wont be getting it all back together at least untill next week so no manta-ing for me for a few more days.

just to confirm if everybody is ok with the nags head just off juntion 28 of the m25.

best wishes paulrolleyes.gif

hello paul i belive everyone is good for sunday the 15th just wondering what time we were thinking about meeting as i only just remembered that im driving to brighton on saturday to see my mates band play and generally get really pissed. but im coming back sunday so i will be coming just wondering what time everyones thinking? i will be there probably just on the soft drinks tho.

Just a little note as there appears to be a bit of confusion going on here as I've had several of the SE area nembers contact me within the last week.

The meet which appears to have been arranged for 15th November (which looks like the final date) is NOT the official SE area club meet. Word of warning regarding the Nags Head - eat before you go. This venue has changed drastically over the last couple of years and is now an up-market wine bar / restuarant which is extremely expensive, including the drinks. This is the reason we no longer use this pub as an official meeting place! Having said that I may try and pop along briefly in case anybody I've not met before shows up.

Official meet is this Sunday 8th November (it's always the 2nd Sunday of alternate months eg Nov, Jan, Mar, May (nothing in July due to Billing), Sept and Nov). Local members who I have email contact details for should have received details today. Venue is: The Three HorseshoesBurnham RoadAlthorneChelmsfordEssexCM3 6DP Phone no 01621 740307 This is on the B1010. If you want a map use this link : http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&title=Pubsulike%20The%20Three%20Horseshoes&countryCode=GB&qs=CM36DP#map=51.65531,0.76421|16|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:51.65528:0.76421:16|CM36DP|CM3%206DP

I look forward to seeing people on the day. If anybody gets lost / wants more driving directions before the day either send me a pm, or phone me using the details in the front of your mag.

Thanks

Val

hello there is the date set for the 15th of the month? and could we gt a little check list of who thinks they will be coming?

is every one going to be ok with the nags head? as we have been informed its not to cheap but if we meet there we could always go for a little drive to another pub. one o'clock seems to be the time of the meet is everyone going to be ok with this? lets try to get as many people there as possible jon

hello,jon all being well this is still on as far as i know hopefully i shall be going in the manta i just need to get it out of the garage if not i can always still come along. i say try and get the manta out as im part way through some work on my mini which is in front of the manta in the garage. the mini has no back wheels at the moment as i was part way through with some work. and while i was at work last week i slipped a disk and have injoured my back! so unless i can enlist some help to get the mini rolling again i cant get the manta out.

as far as i know it would be yourself ,myself ,perhaps val entwisle hopefully b series dave ,tony david with his to die for immaculate coupe and the previous people that posted that i dont yet know.

no worries about staying at the nags head as i know another nice pub just up the country lane opposite the nags head. but nags head easy meeting point for everybody.

regards paul

hello there paul that sounds great. and im looking forward to seeing some nice mantas to give me the kick up the arse i need lol. on a seperate note did you ever manage to find the blanking plate to go between the lights to go with that rear bumper i got off you i rememebr saying you thought you had it if you do and you could bring it down if its not to much trouble i will buy you a pint or too see you on sunday jon

hello,jon all being well this is still on as far as i know hopefully i shall be going in the manta i just need to get it out of the garage if not i can always still come along. i say try and get the manta out as im part way through some work on my mini which is in front of the manta in the garage. the mini has no back wheels at the moment as i was part way through with some work. and while i was at work last week i slipped a disk and have injoured my back! so unless i can enlist some help to get the mini rolling again i cant get the manta out.

as far as i know it would be yourself ,myself ,perhaps val entwisle hopefully b series dave ,tony david with his to die for immaculate coupe and the previous people that posted that i dont yet know.

no worries about staying at the nags head as i know another nice pub just up the country lane opposite the nags head. but nags head easy meeting point for everybody.

regards paul

Hi Paul, I'd love to make it tomorrow but got too much to do at home this weekend, so I won't be coming, sorry folks.

Found the problem with the exhaust on my B- series. The tailpipe has managed to separate from the rear box on the weld where it joins. Not sure if it can be re-welded as it doesn't look that old. Otherwise I'm on the look out for a B series rear exhaust section for a Coupe!! Any ideas where to get one from? The current one is a Bosal system by the looks of it.

Hope you all have a good day anyway, hopefully we'll get to see some piccies later Paul?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Paul, I'd love to make it tomorrow but got too much to do at home this weekend, so I won't be coming, sorry folks.

Found the problem with the exhaust on my B- series. The tailpipe has managed to separate from the rear box on the weld where it joins. Not sure if it can be re-welded as it doesn't look that old. Otherwise I'm on the look out for a B series rear exhaust section for a Coupe!! Any ideas where to get one from? The current one is a Bosal system by the looks of it.

Hope you all have a good day anyway, hopefully we'll get to see some piccies later Paul?

Cheers,

Dave

hi,dave sorry for late reply you didnt miss much ,mine was the only manta in attendance so hence didnt bother taking any piccys.

Thanks goes to jonmantagte for coming its always good to put a face to a name. also thanks to david and his son from romford for coming along ,was nice to see you again.

david has a gt/e on an a plate that he has owned from new and now after a period in storage wants to re-birth it, it currently has some starting/running issues that need to be tended to. .... plans are afoot for my self and barry to go over there when time allows with a box of spare parts and some tools to try and breath life back into this early gt/e hatch.

as for the exhaust dave i dont have a clue where you could get one? ive got at least 2-3 hatch ones but no coupe ones. i had a standard coupe back box with a chrome end ( not sure if it would have suited your early B) which i gave to val as no use to me as i only have a hatch.

hope all well with you and you manage to source an exhaust soon regards paul

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'd be interested in coming along to the next meet. I live in East London (so just around the corner judgng by some of your venues). When do you think it'll be?

I have a 78 Cavalier coupe (in bits I should add :().

I'm not a member at the moment, but I am thinking of signing up, so was wondering what the community was like in my area etc, as it were...

Cheers