Fuel pump electrics.

parkesie

One thing i have had before when doing this conversion is the dissy moving.

The timing can be just enough to get cough but not run. But if you are happy this cannot have happened then do not adjust it.

Also you have plumbed the fuel inlet and outlet correctly? I.e. the inlet to the fuel rail with the pressure reg at the end of the circuit feeding the outlet?

Is the ECU plugged in correctly? As you dont need the ECU for the engine to turn over and fire? from memory anyway??

Changed the relay the fuel pump works now kicks in and out with the ignition. Still starts and stops again going to re check the ecu wiring tomorrow. The fuel lines are the right way around i keep checking them just incase

1 more problem solved just afew more to find.

Had a similar problem years ago on a Saab 99 turbo I wnt to buy.Guy had stripped out the fuel pump and could only get it to run for a few seconds at a time.Turns out he had wired the fuel pump up the wrog way round so was creating pressure in the system until firing up the engine,then as it was reverse flow,no pressure. Worth a look I suppose