Isuzu 1.7 Td Onto Mant 1.8s Box

it_cud

Hi, Just fitted 1.7 TD Isuzu into my Westfield. Bolted straight onto original Manta box. Using std. Manta 1.8s friction plate with Isuzu pressure plate. Std. Manta release bearing also used. After about a week, release bearing doesn't sound good while clutch is fully depressed. Anybody done this conversion before, doubt it , but if so, what setup did you use ?

Cheers, Mike.

i fitted a vauxhall diesel 1.7 dti in my manta and fitted it to the standard 1.8 gearbox with no problems with the clutch but i used all of the 1.8 parts (flywheel, clutch and release bearing), did you back off the clutch arm adjustment? the hex bolt with locknut on the gearbox bell houseing to give the release bearing free play because it sounds like it was in contact with the pressure plate and its knackered the bearing?

Hi, I set up the clearence as I thought it should be. Didn't go down the route of trying to mate Manta flywheel onto motor as Isuzu one is 'pot' type and weighs a ton. Presumably for a very good reason ? Also ring gear dias. etc come into play. My setup looked like it should work when on the bench, but after my initial test runs, maybe 30 or 40 miles ,the bearing doesn't too clever when clutch pedal is fully pressed ?

Thanks, mike.