White Gte Hatch Nr Bilston, Edinburgh

Spotted parked in a front driveway area of a house on the main drag from Bilston to Penicuik near the new(ish) roundabout for the "Bush" Think it is an "A" plate but with these eyes could be anything really . . . must be someones on here, John?

cheers, Colin

• 2 weeks later...
Colin I know there's a white hatch xe conversion knocking about the Edinburgh way.

I think it's an E reg but isn't an exclusive. I can't think off hand the area you mean.

The E plate near bilston used to be mine but then I bought the silver hatch so done a deal with someone who has now sold it to this dude-think it's in good hands,spoke to the guy on Sunday. If he can get it running then it sounds like a respray's on the cards.(it's got fuel tank issues-anyone got one spare?)

Brilliant news John :D I was a wee bit worried it might have ended-up as spares.

You don't happen to know the person with the 4 door yellow Mk1? as it was spotted in the rear of the adv picture for the xe hatch and I've seen it parked up a few times.

If the bloke gets bored with it, I might be interested :D

[edit] i'll blether more aboot it at Rabs clan meet.

Cheers

Keith

Brilliant news John :D I was a wee bit worried it might have ended-up as spares.

You don't happen to know the person with the 4 door yellow Mk1? as it was spotted in the rear of the adv picture for the xe hatch and I've seen it parked up a few times.

If the bloke gets bored with it, I might be interested :D

[edit] i'll blether more aboot it at Rabs clan meet.

Cheers

Keith

I haven't seen the advert for the XE hatch......or maybe I have,was the reg ending in FCW ?

John.

Had another peek today, its deffo an "A" reg A???RAR, white hatch jacked up at the o/s rear on a trolley jack and not moved in the last fortnight.

Is this the guy thats looking for a tank???

Cheers Chaps, Colin.

Had another peek today, its deffo an "A" reg A???RAR, white hatch jacked up at the o/s rear on a trolley jack and not moved in the last fortnight.

Is this the guy thats looking for a tank???

Cheers Chaps, Colin.

Colin,

Yes this guy may well be looking for a tank.

Keith,

The XE hatch for sale last year on Pistonheads?? It sounds like my old one which was a good car and ran great....I think the owner lost interest while fitting the XE...should've left it standard and it would probably still be on the road?

John.

Thanks for the update John. I was wondering about the XE thingie, I know about your old A series XE and that was 'minter'

and 'I believe' the white hatch XE was messy, so I didn't think it was your old hatch, If that makes sense.

It's probably been broken up now and the running gear is in 'some sodo Model T MK1/2' :( A big stone dike, coming soon! he he

Thats the downside to being in this club! you feel the moral obligated, to run about after these morons, to try and save the car/cars.

I don't think its the tank to be honest! I think he should seek advice (I would)

:D Cheers

Keith

I believe its from Musselburgh or there abouts, its wearing GTE alloys aint it???

It is Colin. When the white hatch XE was on pistonheads, the yellow mk1 was in the back ground of the White Hatch-back adv Pictures.

So who ever was selling the white hatch, knew the owner of the Yellow Mk1.

I really want to know what happened with this xe hatch! kinda fancied it for my next project ;)

It is Colin. When the white hatch XE was on pistonheads, the yellow mk1 was in the back ground of the White Hatch-back adv Pictures.

So who ever was selling the white hatch, knew the owner of the Yellow Mk1.

I really want to know what happened with this xe hatch! kinda fancied it for my next project ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHH, the penny's dropped.!! I reckon the pistonheads XE hatch you're on about was my old car cause I spotted it (but not the cav in the background) and phoned the guy to ask him if he still had the engine and box but he didn't cause he'd bought it with the XE.......anyway he said he was contemplating cutting the chassis of the hatch and grafting it onto a cavalier that he had..brave man!

Anyway that (XE) hatch isn't the same one as (A...RAR) the Bilston/Penicuik one, but I did own them both!!

By the way where are we meeting for the run up to Kinross,

John.

• 5 months later...

Another meet would be good, in fact I spoke to Willie recently about putting on a 'workshop' night for us and he didnt see a problem. Deano has been in for some work recently (last wk) and seems well-pleased with his 5-spd conv.

Anyroads dug this post out 'cos that white GTE is back in the boys drive again. John, know anything new about it or what he's doing with it???

Cheers chaps, Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

Colin, I know nothing.

How's the Cav...........N/ring stories????

John.

Plenty tales of daring moves . . . some of 'em true as well,lol :lol:

Here is one of my finer moments, holding of an Exige for about half the lap then chasing his ass all the way to the finish, bet he didn't tell his mates about an old Cavvy giving him grief :D

CavvyontheRing079_5680.jpg

Confession: the only reason I managed all that was down to my 'instructor' Tricky Trev :thumbup (in the pass seat)from the MK1 Astra club who is a genius on the 'ring', he knows every corner,apex,entry speed,blind crest, and just where to let the car drift out whilst keeping it nailed. his running commentry was how I seriously bugged the 5h1t out of the Exige and a few other expensive motors inc a Porsche Cayanne, Yup had a ball and going back next year for more :D:D:D

Cavvyonthering7018_147588093085_504.jpg