Engine Paint

huw

Yes as above there is a wide variety of engine paints/enamels available in a wide variety of colurs aswell.

Prices vary but usauly arond £5-£10 here are some examples,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...EgyML1FAac-hTgg

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-6866...osol-400ml.html

As you can see hammerite do a high heat paint aswell.

As you see in the links aswell its either spray on or paint on its all down to personal preference.

but like Mloke666 says check your local motor factors.

You can use Hammerite's Smoothrite paint on an engine as it can cope with the heat, i know because i do all my engines in it, carefull with the red paint as it doesn't cover very well and takes several coats all of which have to applied before the previous coat starts hardening, oh and you can mix this paint to get other colours and i've managed to mix some vial ones!

Incidently Hammerites Smoothrite spray can black produces a finnish that is slightly satin that is a really good match for the original finnish on the CIH cam cover.

Not on mine :P

:( Maybe as Mr Virco has said, it's 'cos I'm using reds and oranges as engine block colours it goes all patchy. Plus I haven't got a steady hand, old shaky! I'm not keen on using the hammerite metal paints as they have some kind of silicate which can lead to respray problems but perhaps an engine doesn't matter in this case, just dont paint your bonnet with it! :lol:

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

do you remove the existing paint with a paint remover,prior to re-spray or re-paint?sad.gif

i used a high temperature primer yellow in colur which my dad got no idea wat its called al try find out then just painted over it with a tin of red aerosol looks great and has been like that 4 a year and a half and still looks fresh with no signs of cracking or peeling i made sure 2 thouroly degrease the engine first tho

i used a high temperature primer yellow in colur which my dad got no idea wat its called al try find out then just painted over it with a tin of red aerosol looks great and has been like that 4 a year and a half and still looks fresh with no signs of cracking or peeling i made sure 2 thouroly degrease the engine first tho

I appreciatesmile.gif