Stilton Classic Run

Bogwart

I have further info regarding the Stilton Classic Car Run on April 26th. This for Classic Cars, Motorbikes & general vehicles of classic notation.

I just hope I can get the Poster & Entry Form loaded onto this post as the organiser sent them to me by email & in Word format.

For those who don't know the Stiton Classic follows the 39 mile route the traders took the cheese (made in Leicestershire) to Stilton (in Cambridgeshire) for sale - and hence became known as Stilton Cheese.

The run starts at Quenby Hall (arrive from 10.00 to 12.30) pick up certificate , stop off for lunch en route etc. as reqd, a hog roast provided at a farm shop near Bulwick - finally to the Bell in Stilton to get certificate signed (and take refreshment if rqd) by 17.30.

The cost is £2.50 per adult to cover costs and all profits go to the East Mids Air Ambulance fund.

Well I can't seem to get the files to transfer (unless someone can tell me how to get Word Documents onto this Forum?)

So if anybody wants more details and an entry form please email me : gbussey@toucansurf.com and I'll forward the organisers email with the approprate infoL/forms..

Full media coverage is expected - (Press, TV & Radio) - so start polishing folks.

Come on guys, lets have a few more coming on the run - not only is the run high profile as far as the press coverage is concerned you get the chance to buy some excellent Stilton Cheese and visit one the best suppliers of English meat (at the Hog Roast) in the country. Plus the chance to show off your Manta on the run.

It should be a very pleasant Sunday out for all. All proceeds to a great cause - the Air Ambulance Fund - which as car owners/drivers we should all support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At Quenby Halls, followed a Cresta in

DSCF0287.jpg

and Elvis

DSCF0292.jpg

queue coming in!

DSCF0290.jpg

citroen special

DSCF0284.jpg

nice dart

DSCF0285.jpg

halfway round after cheese tasting, stopped for hog roast

DSCF0304.jpg

really liked this old Merc

DSCF0294.jpg

loads of Lotus 7 type things turned up - this one had a V8

DSCF0300.jpg

great e-type

DSCF0311.jpg

plymouth

DSCF0308.jpg

Was a good day, friendly atmosphere and a great cause. Well recomended if held next year

Dan.