Midlands Area Meeting

maher the hermit

I,m organising a club stand at the national kit car show stoneleigh show ground warwickshire on May bank holiday weekend thats Sunday 3rd and Monday 4th May... we had this stand last year and to be honest it was a poor turn out manta wise so this year it would be nice to see the club back there in its glory :rolleyes: Dont be put off when you hear KIT CAR.. the show ground is full of goodies auto jumble ect ect even selling tents to thermo under crackers. you have the option of CAMPING ON THE CLUB STAND next to your car not many shows give you this option apart from billing??? camping is normally the saturday and sunday nights which is chargable £25 per person which includes the two day pass for the show days, I think if you only wanted to turn up for the DAY ONLY the passes are free only if you come in a manta.. if interested and need more info contact Roger Cooling at GROSVENOR EXHIBITIONS on 01775 722900.

Hope to see you there

Mick Maher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its great to see that the kitcar show is showing some interest again after a few years going downhill club attendance wise :rolleyes: i,m hopeing to stay on the saturday evening just bought a new tent to try out but can only do the show on the sunday... i have to work on the bank holiday monday i work in the retail trade and only allowed 1 bank hol a year off which i,m taking later in the may when i get married. cant wait to see you guys there. are we having the usual stew on the BBQ? do we need to bring any food for the pot?

Mick

I would like to thank everyone for making the kitcar show back to what it was a few years ago, great company a fantastic evening BBQ stew and the mantas lined up on the stand... well not on ours i must admit because our stand was full of caravans, tents, a land rover with grand tentage (lee bates) and a marquee :rolleyes: , I was so miffed i couldnt stay the sunday evening as working bank holiday monday.

Once again thankyou all...

Mick

Must say i went down for the day today, unfortunately not in a Manta but it was good to catch up with everyone and sorry if i missed anyone on the day and when i left.

It was a good show the weather held out sun shining a bit windy but you can't grumble at that and got some bits and bobs aswell.

Must say being there on the club stand i missed being at the show for the whole weekend as i used too but next year i am going to be there with all the Messhams in tow.

Made it home without anything falling off............which was nice! Great weekend, even managed not to spend too much for a change. Good to see 6 Mantas on the stand on Sunday, 6 more than last year!