Jump to content

What Is It


Recommended Posts

Can any one help pls.What is the small regulator for next to the fuel pump.Mine has been disconnected for some reason but the car still runs fine,is it needed as there is a regulator on the fuel rail.Also were can i get some bobbins from to mount the fuel pump as its on cable ties at the mo.cheers al.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

think its called a swirl pot , supposed to dampen the oscilations of the fuel pump .

it may have been leaking so it was by-passed .

i dont really know how important it is , but i guess your pressure regulator on the fuel rail will now be working overtime ?.....perhaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's called a damper, description of purpose is correct .

Details of last one I bought from dealer:

Damper Diaphragm (Fuel Pump Assy.) GM 90019987

I've ran many cars without one. However, be aware Opel and Bosch used to have basically infinite resources. Not fitting one of these would increase therir profit margin, therefore that they chose to expend resources on it means they had good reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...