Hi From Newbie

deanyboy

Hi all, I've recently sold my old Hillman Imp that I had, It was my first restoration and I loved it! I'm seriously thinking about getting an Opel Manta A as I think they look awesome, what are the areas to look out for? How much do they fetch nowadays? and what are the engine options?

Cheers,

Dean

Hi Dean.

And welcome. Gid choice thi Manta `A` prices fae awe £5 up tae £10K. wid gang fur awe 1.9SR or one modified either V8 V6 or 2lt 16v red top.

Bits to look oot for! check basically every inch you can see, and those areas you cant see look also.

If you find someone within the club lives near you ask if they would be willing to pop along to see/check any car out with you, as the rot areas travelled throughout all the manta range of cars and in most cases thi same areas.

Hope this helps awe tad, mi first car was a Singer Chami great wee bus.

cheers rab.

Thanks for the reply Rab, thought I was being ignored for a while, like I said I am probably going to start looking soon as I move into our new house with a garage soon! Can't wait! If anyone is near Leeds it would be helpful to help me when looking at a manta if at all possible ;)

Cheers,

Dean

Whre abouts around Leeds ???? There are a few members ocated around there.

By the way, Hello and wwelcome :D

Im actually in Dewsbury, I see your listed as Batley? I live right at the bottom of Bradford Road in a large mill. And thanks for the welcome! ;)

Dean

have a read at this

http://www.mantamagic.com/rust.htm

main site is

http://www.mantamagic.com/

Make sure you take someone with you that knows the A series inside out and has worked on them before.

Thanks for the reply it should proove useful when I purcahse one. Thanks for the help. ;)

Dean

Straight opposite 'Payless' motor factors then !!??

I prefer A-Z on Mill Street East my self,get lots of cheap bits.

If I ever get the reg docs back so I can tax the flaming thing, then you just might see my multicoloured+rust Manta ridding about. :rolleyes:

Straight opposite 'Payless' motor factors then !!??

I prefer A-Z on Mill Street East my self,get lots of cheap bits.

If I ever get the reg docs back so I can tax the flaming thing, then you just might see my multicoloured+rust Manta ridding about. :rolleyes:

No further down Bradford Road, its called Sprinkwell Mill and it is next to Lidl. I have used payless quite a lot where is this A-Z motor factors then? Is your manta an A or B?

Dean

hi dean and welcome

good luck in your search for a A SERIES

got B myself,, but must admit the A has the sweetest shape B)

Hi there, yes the shape is lovely almost 'muscle car esque'. I want to do one black with a front bib spoiler and possible revolution alloys in black and chrome or some sort of billet alloy and a nice big V8 soundtrack. I see your located in Mossley? Before I moved to yorkshire I used to live in Ashton-Under-Lyne, just on the other side of Hartshead Pike! :lol:

Cheers,

Dean