Magnecor Ignition Leads

Ian

Just thought I'd share this bit of info. I had cause to replace my leads on the Ascona, I bought a £10 set which were frankly crap! Then I remembered buying some KV85's from Magnecor for my 400, so i gave them a call and bought a set for the scone. They fit perfect, all correct lengths with all clips etc in the box, at £40 they may sound expensive but the quality is top

Don't mess with cheapies, get Magnecor. ;)

Magnecor are one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. Their customer care is on another level altogether from other automotive suppliers. I bought a new Lucas Distributor Cap for my 1986 GTE Coupe and, at the same time, ordered Magnecor leads. The leads came but they wouldn't fit inside the towers of the Distributor Cap. The metal terminals on the end of the leads went nowhere near the metal contacts inside the towers and, since the boots are moulded to the leads, there was nothing I could do about it.

I phoned Magnecor and, initially, they said that the leads supplied were correct for the 1986 GTE. I explained that the leads simply would not fit and they asked me to post back the leads and my new Distributor Cap. They then agreed that the leads were wrong and that their listing was for an older style of Cap with shorter towers, no longer available. They manufactured a special set of leads to fit my new Cap and then changed their listing to reflect the Lucas Cap which is currently on the market for the GTE. Phil de Witt, Managing Director, was on the 'phone daily explaining progress and thanking me for helping them with product development. He even refunded all my postage costs - a proper gentleman and an excellent company. As they say on Ebay - Highly Recommended A++++++

• 2 months later...

Just had a custom set made for my 1.8 Manta, the leads are a perfect fit and excellent quality. If anyone wants a set for a 1.8, I have supplied them with the dimensions of the original 1.8 leads that fit onto the standard heat shields. They are also looking into getting the heat shields re-manufactured.