Opel Manta 1987 V8

ang

I am no new person to mantas having owned now over 20 over the years, gone are the days of being given mantas now. :lol:

Thought I had better put this up here. I almost joined the club fully with the last manta v8, but unfortunately experinced my first accident in my favourite car and ended up with a cat b and no more manta. Well now got something else we've been working on and will join up.

I am also a bit nervous at putting this up as your cars look so immaculate. It has a 3.5L rover v8 engine and the eaton m62 supercharger is awaiting the correct needle bearings, this remains off the car. As for the full specs that will have to come later as this is all my partner's hard work and he's had to change a lot of what the original v8 had. It is up and running and sounds amazing.

We both feel the accident may have been for the best, despite a full mot and engineers report on the other car it seems that the original black v8 had hidden problems which may have come out later on. We know the car is solid and has had everything done correctly now.

The day I crashed my manta I was on the phone to Sean and Tracey around the corner asking if they had a spare coupe shell as a donor. They kindly offered me a very rusty 1987 exclusive coupe as a donor. Despite fighting to save our black V8 the engineeers stuck to their cat b and the other one we decided had to be restored.

Here we go this is upon arrival, you might notice the black v8 being dismantled in the background.

100_9492.jpg

100_9287-1.jpg

100_9288.jpg

old manta now donor was completely stripped

100_9473.jpg

100_9422.jpg

100_9428.jpg

100_9432-1.jpg

100_9435.jpg

100_9436.jpg

Floor pan all welded and treated.

40600011.jpg

count the welds

40600015.jpg

all welded and treated underneath.

we make up our own wheel arches, all the rusted metal was removed and clean surfaces, its then welded in and prepared for paint.

40600001-1.jpg

40600012.jpg

interior in but a little dusty still

100_9954.jpg

engine in, honda prelude vtec radiator used (as easily good up to 200bhp), this was fitted better later on!

100_9959.jpg

It's been made ready for mot and presentable, the doors are not in the best condition but will be replaced during the summer when the complete car is resprayed and possible wide arched kit.

Photo-0020-1.jpg

I will pass that on to my other half, the car will definitly need a respray but that will come, all the bits that are staying are rust free now which is great. I hear that Sean may have some seat belts for me, I'm coming round if that's so as withdrawal symptoms from manta driving. I may also have room now for that white gte as the camaro is going this week. We'll see :rolleyes:

Hi Ang

Not sure who you heard that off as I definately havnt got any seat belts for the coupe. If you are interested in the white hatch you better be quick Tracy has booked tomorrow ( Thurs ) off to start chopping it up :P

Hi Ang

Not sure who you heard that off as I definately havnt got any seat belts for the coupe. If you are interested in the white hatch you better be quick Tracy has booked tomorrow ( Thurs ) off to start chopping it up :P

I just popped around today, typical isn't it. Just saw this. We are hoping that the camaro gets picked up on monday, more room then. Its paid for and going to Italy so should think it will go. I see its still intact.

I am cursing now as I asked James if we needed to keep the rear belts from the black manta, he didn't as he thought everything was with the exclusive. KICK KICK KICK myself, gutting. I can't do an mot without the rear belts, can't do the engineers report and can't drive it until I get some rear belts.

Frustrating :(

Well as per the wanted advert, thanks to Roys advice around here we have fitted rear seat belts, though from another make of car which were extremely similar and working well.

MOT, engineers report, tax and driving next week with luck!

Oh and this car is a permanent member of our household, the gold one will be sold.

Cheers guys for the help and advice.