Manta Heater Upgrade

biffy1984

I'm looking for a better heater to fit in my Manta B because as we all know the standard one is shit.

I read somewhere a heater out of a Polo was the thing to go for.

Any info or advice would be much appreciated, ie. is a polo one a direct replacement? Is it just the

blower motor you replace or matrix as well? What about the ducting to you're dash vents?

Cheers Peter.

I'm looking for a better heater to fit in my Manta B because as we all know the standard one is shit.

I read somewhere a heater out of a Polo was the thing to go for.

Any info or advice would be much appreciated, ie. is a polo one a direct replacement? Is it just the

blower motor you replace or matrix as well? What about the ducting to you're dash vents?

Cheers Peter.

There is nothing wrong with the standard heater. Fan could be better. Try fiting a three speed unit.

People only usually change the heater to increase space to help with engine conversions.

Polo heater is good but without ducting it sucks fumes from the engine bay.

Ok your engine and exhaust may not leak, how about the car in front in a traffic jam blowing it's exhaust gasses under the front of your car though.

Just something to bear in mind.

I use a polo fan inside my standard look heater.

Manta Matrixes can still be poor if partially blocked with sediment. In fact not had a decent one in 10 years.

Polo heater is good but without ducting it sucks fumes from the engine bay.

Ok your engine and exhaust may not leak, how about the car in front in a traffic jam blowing it's exhaust gasses under the front of your car though.

Just something to bear in mind.

I use a polo fan inside my standard look heater.

Manta Matrixes can still be poor if partially blocked with sediment. In fact not had a decent one in 10 years.

I agree that a poor matrix causes a bad heater, but that goes for any setup. Get a recon core and the standard heater will be fine.

Try fiting a three speed unit.

My blower is crap (although as you say, the heater itself is okay)

Is there anything out there that fits and works substantially better? I only use it for demisting in the winter.

I originally removed the heater when I was running a Redtop with a dizzy. Now its a SEH engine and it looks very tight to get the dizzy cap off with the heater in place.

Where I live you really need a good heater. A proper pain in the arse when you have to start the car half an hour before you leave in the morning to clear the window.

Maybe I'll try a recored matrix, and a 3 speed motor sounds like a good plan.

Cheers for that, Peter.