Nice Manta But No T&t For Way Over £2k. Hmmm

Nice but too expensive with no mot manta ebay link innit

I really like this Manta, looks good with the subtle mods and the 2.2 looks nice and clean and neatly fitted, not just bunged in, with a set of decent wheels it'd be quite the head turner.

Usual gripe with no mot, you can't expect to get it's potential value. £2k with reserve not met!! and if it'll fly through an mot like the seller states, then why not fork out £50 and get it bloody mot'd!?!? It'd be worth the asking then.

Regardless of the mot, it's a nice car don't you think?

2k is peanuts for a decent Coupe a good spray job costs more than 2k alone these days. that car is like every other car that comes up for sale, no amount of keyboard debate will acertain the facts. As with anything else you have to go see it and make your own mind up. no point looking though if your only window shopping. :rolleyes:

If its solid and the engine fires up and runs smooth 2k IS CHEAP MOT or not.

• Like 1

"Fly through an MOT", might be correct but that's what the advert said for my donor Astra - underneath has nearly turned yellow with chalk from a failed MOT. This I discovered after jacking it up- well, the jack went up but all the car did was make a crunching noise :lol:

Oooh was I glad nobody bid against me and pushed the price up- is still a damn good priced rebuilt engine but was originally an absolute bargain car ^_^

Have a look first is all I'll say, unless like me you paid a small enough amount to take a chance.

A car is worth what a buyer will pay, ebay is proof you can polish a turd; some say classic cars are worth more as an investment than the 2% you get in a bank that may fold at the drop of a hat.

Why can't people spell? :blink:

It isn't hard to do? :unsure:

Why not just try a spell check? ;)

Is it me or is every other auction running on ebay littered with spelling errors, grammatical errors or proof reading mistakes? :blink:

Is this what our educational system is producing! no wonder we are in the shit

I is sellin dis car an i is wantin no morere dan reseruve an i wil not sell it 4 les unles it dose

Errrrrrrrr, thread hijack :blink:

A car is worth what a buyer will pay, ebay is proof you can polish a turd; some say classic cars are worth more as an investment than the 2% you get in a bank that may fold at the drop of a hat.

Why can't people spell? :blink:

It isn't hard to do? :unsure:

Why not just try a spell check? ;)

Is it me or is every other auction running on ebay littered with spelling errors, grammatical errors or proof reading mistakes? :blink:

Is this what our educational system is producing! no wonder we are in the shit

I is sellin dis car an i is wantin no morere dan reseruve an i wil not sell it 4 les unles it dose

Errrrrrrrr, thread hijack :blink:

:P:lol: Ha ha ha!, he speaks the truth! ;)

As Kev says........... "A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay"

Like my neighbour who just picked up a P Reg Golf GTi with 94,000 on the clock 12 months ticket, and 6 months Tax and needs a door respraying all for £750.00

I certainly would not pay £2,000 for a Manta without having a damn good look at the car, and I always mistrust so-called "Full Resprays" as often they are not done to a "FULL" standard.... i.e glass out and all trim removed etc.

2k is peanuts for a decent Coupe a good spray job costs more than 2k alone these days. that car is like every other car that comes up for sale, no amount of keyboard debate will acertain the facts. As with anything else you have to go see it and make your own mind up. no point looking though if your only window shopping. :rolleyes:

If its solid and the engine fires up and runs smooth 2k IS CHEAP MOT or not.

£2K is only cheap if it doesn't have an MOT as long as it really will fly through one. Yes with a proper inspection you'd have a good idea if it will pass or not but you can always miss something crucial and Joe public usually doesn't have a clue what to check for on a MOT less car. Had the seller had the faith to pay £50 and get a years ticket then that wouldn't be an issue.

It may cost £2k to have a good spray job done but it doesn't add as much value to a car, they all have a ceiling price and no car is worth anywhere near it without an MOT, keyboard debate or not that is a fact and if you did go and see the car and turns out it is immaculate, then wouldn't you question the seller as to why he didn't test it?? You are right in that it's like every other car that comes up for sale, no MOT and all their owners say it'll fly right through one.