Clutch Cable

baldbrian

1.8 four speed were built, but not often if ever seen in the UK being the old 4 speed with a different bell (AFAIK)

I think all Post face lift Getrag 5 Speeds have the threaded section at the bottom, but that is for length not clutch pedal travel adjustment. Clutch adjustment is done on the ball at the other end of the release arm.

I've just got one from my local motor-factors for a D-reg GTE. It's made by First Line, part no. FKC1100 . Length is 1358 mm. (£12:88inc VAT)

I recon it'll be the same for an 1800cc???

thanks, feel like i'm getting somewhere now.i was trying to get a quinton hazell qcc1605 (1523mm long)but it has been discontinued. i have also found a first line cable fkc1253 which is wrong, i"ll try again tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Brian,FKC1253 IS the right clutch cable for your car mate,and they are still available,cheers.

hello paul, the 'express car parts' web site says fkc1253 but neither end of the cable is right,so i have gone with fkc1100 which fits perfectly.

hello paul, the 'express car parts' web site says fkc1253 but neither end of the cable is right,so i have gone with fkc1100 which fits perfectly.

Fitted the FKC1100 to the GTE a few days ago,fitted well but had to use a couple of washers at the gearbox end....I suspect there was a spacer bit missing at the bulkhead end, no drama though :thumbup