Oil Pump

Exclusive Opel

Sort of Manta related as it's stopping me from keeping it in the garage! I'm just doing the engine on my Astra which started of as just a water pump change but now is an engine out with a strip and clean, paint and replacing various parts (needs to be reliable as I do around 250 miles a week in it). I need to replace the oil pump as half of it has corroded away! I've never had to buy an oil pump before so what should I looking to pay for a new one? I know where I can get a genuine one for £49. Oh, it's for a mk3 1.4 C14NZ engine (yes I know it's slow but simple and cheap to repair :rolleyes: ). Back to the garage now to work on the head.

snap! ive got a mk3 1.4 estate , single point injection for extra economy and slowness . reliable ,cheap and practical/basic .

cheap aftermarket oil pumps will work , but if you rely on it heavyly definatly get a genuine one ,£50 sounds reasonable .

we fitted FAI and a few other cheap makes at work over the years to astra's (£25-£35) and while most the time its ok , we have had 2 or 3 that were faulty out the box .

one had pressurized so much that after running for 10 seconds causing the tappets to hold the valves open so that it would misfire its way to a stop and not start again for 15 mins!

another had good pressure on the 1st run then no pressure the next time it started .

i wouldnt take the chance.