Quality Cih Hg - Where From?

Viktor

wot?

Hi,

Where would I find a source for a decent quality HG (headgasket) for Manta GTE CIH (Cam in head)?

Looking for something better than stock fibre but don't need MLS (multi layer steel) item.

Thanks

Is that easier for you to comprehend?

You can still get gasket sets over the counter at most good motor parts factors.

It'll probably be a Panyen (or however its spelt!) set in a blue and white stripped packet, never had any problems with these myself.

You can still get gasket sets over the counter at most good motor parts factors.

It'll probably be a Panyen (or however its spelt!) set in a blue and white stripped packet, never had any problems with these myself.

OK, thanks for that.

I was just wondering if there was an item that provided an improvement over the stock HG but if everyone uses standard parts, that seems to be all that is available anyway, then I'll just follow the lead.

Depends on what spec your engine is at. Payen head gaskets are good if your on std bores and up to about 10.5 - 1 comp ratio.

Elring do a gasket which will go to 96mm bore, most racers in europe seem to use this as a preference.

MLS gaskets are well expensive, i've got a cometic one which will take 97mm pistons......price was £156!!!!!

HTH

Chris