Project Garage

mickappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mick, im gonna build a garage at the back of the house, 13ft wide by 21ft long, the only thing i know is that it needs planning permission and has to be the same brick and tiles as the house, i was looking some advice about drawing the plans etc, how deep the founds need to be, the best height for the eves and how ypu work out the pitch of the roof basically everything :unsure: . (im a mechanic not a builder) aaaahhhhh!! cheers john :thumbup

Hi mick, im gonna build a garage at the back of the house, 13ft wide by 21ft long, the only thing i know is that it needs planning permission and has to be the same brick and tiles as the house, i was looking some advice about drawing the plans etc, how deep the founds need to be, the best height for the eves and how ypu work out the pitch of the roof basically everything :unsure: . (im a mechanic not a builder) aaaahhhhh!! cheers john :thumbup

john i got an archetect to submit the plans as i couldnt

understand the forms.. basically he draw the grounds and the position of the

garage within the grounds. then he drew a simple pic of the garage. thats was it.

the foundations where about 1ft deep, basically u got to hit hard ground(clay)

you could get away without building regs if its under 30m2 floor with yours will be.

u also need regs if you want to put electric in there. i said i was using the original

wiring in new garage( honest) lol. its a farce tbh.

also go on your counsil website and do a self assesment to see what u can get away with.

Excellent project, hope to see it in the flesh at Billing next year.

not likely, too heavy for trailer. and some idiot would probley vote for it

in concours.. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

john i got an archetect to submit the plans as i couldnt

understand the forms.. basically he draw the grounds and the position of the

garage within the grounds. then he drew a simple pic of the garage. thats was it.

the foundations where about 1ft deep, basically u got to hit hard ground(clay)

you could get away without building regs if its under 30m2 floor with yours will be.

u also need regs if you want to put electric in there. i said i was using the original

wiring in new garage( honest) lol. its a farce tbh.

also go on your counsil website and do a self assesment to see what u can get away with.

not likely, too heavy for trailer. and some idiot would probley vote for it

in concours.. :rolleyes:

Hi Mick, i've drawn all the plans up and spoke to planning (and e-mailed plans back and forward until they where right) it's ended up 13.5ft wide and 20ft long, im taking them to planning on monday with £150 quid!!!! so next move, strip the calibra and then learn how to put founds and brick lay?????? ha ha cheers john