V6 Carlton Est

mantaray

Posted this thread on another forum and throught you might also like to read it on here. Enjoy.

Well after 4 years I have finally got round to re spraying my Carlton Estate. Some of you may remember back in 2002 when the kited out Carlton first showed it’s self .

The kit was painted off the car and the glued in place, it was always the intention to re spray the car at some point in the future, but I didn’t expect it to take this long.

Although I had done some repair work back in 2002, 4 years of road use had taken its toll. Both the rear wheel / door arch sections needed replacing along with repairs to the lower sills. This meant that I had to cut the rear section of the side skirt to gain access.

0010.jpg

Repair work in progress.

0011.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

0016.jpg

0015.jpg

The whole underside has been cleaned down, rust treated and a new coat of Shuts added. I have also renewed the fuel and brake lines.

Considering that the car is 13 years old with just short of 200,000 miles on the clock, the body is in very good condition.

Once the few repair where completed, it was and still is time for body prepping. The car was striped out and the prepping started in Ernest.

0017.jpg

0019.jpg

0020.jpg

0021.jpg

0022.jpg

0023.jpg

0024.jpg

A rear sight! Kev with a hover, before the first coat of primer.

0025.jpg

0026.jpg

0027.jpg

0028.jpg

0029.jpg

0030.jpg

First primer on so now we can see any faults we missed.