V6 Twin Turbo,d Manta

johno

Started filling and sanding engine bay,using brush on smooth hameright easy touch up if i scuff it...think will wet flat it all when finnished! New rad fits okay extra thick core should keep things cool..mantaenginebay002.jpg

mantaenginebay003.jpg

mantaenginebay005.jpg

mantaenginebay010.jpg

mantaenginebay008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

now the rads fitted up front need to remove old rad and pump out of boot(some where to put the shopping now)gettingthere009.jpg:lol: ...

gettingthere008.jpg

gettingthere003.jpg

was going to poke exhaust straight out through the front skirt but think plod mite of been intrested in that so its just lurking behind it now instead lol..:rolleyes:gettingthere004.jpg

gettingthere005.jpg

gettingthere007.jpg

its going to be running with out a silencer but to be fere had it running straight out the turbos sounded nice but not as loud as you mite think, turbos must act like silences-will sound pritty mean thow :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had dry run and bolted gear box up to make mounts for it, while i was there braced chasis rails together in two plases so its wearing a girdle now..should help to keep it together. remove the rad from the boot,cut and rewelded new floor in, next job will be fitting volvo axle in should be fun...:rolleyes:mantagirdle007.jpg

mantagirdle006.jpg

mantagirdle005.jpg

mantagirdle004.jpg

this came today,maybe a little harsh but after looking at twin plate clutch was told was better option for road use-think its going to be a little snatchey i,ll be stalling it all over the shop me thinks?!..:unsure:mantaclutch007.jpg

hope ur right and that clutch dosnt make me look like learner driver lol :lol: have cut spring hangers of manta axle,pull one drive shaft out volvo axle removed studs and welded holes up-then centred manta drum over it,spot welded together then drilled new holes for manta studs-nocked manta hub off fitted manta studs,just need weld holes up on volvo brake disc use manta hub to drill out holes and thats one side done.. will fit both wheels to volvo axle possition under rear of manta making sure all sits nice and square offer spring hangers up to volvo axle spot weld both hangers to axle, remove from car and stitch together-think will go for one peice propshaft...

• 3 weeks later...

bit of up-date have chopped all bits i need off manta axle,and after measuring volvo axle it needs 46mm overall cutting out of axle caseing, theres enuf length left on splines so no probs with the half shafts,have decided to use volvo 5 stud pattern and buy two new alloys to fit axle think will be alot stronger that way!!.. clutch fitted and bolted gearbox on..spoke to local propshaft company thay thought best to use two peice propshaft.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent half shafts to local engineering firm to be shortend in the end! but have been sorting inlet pipes from turbos-cut inlet pipe to inter cooler rewelded with better angle to meet rest of pipe-work..turbopipes017.jpg

turbopipes015.jpg

turbopipes001.jpg

turbopipes002.jpg

turbopipes003.jpg

turbopipes005.jpg

• 1 month later...

Half shafts fitted to axle and a coat of paint.. have few days of work so will be bolting axle to manta... had fab time at billing managed to buy new 4slot front panal, b001-2.jpgut shame didnt make it down in manta-but theres allways next year!!..

003-2.jpg