V6 Twin Turbo,d Manta

johno

• 2 months later...

Had a setback with the loom in engine bay..the connectors used havnt been crimp on with right tool..!!im going to need a bespoke job making off it will have do it again,but by the right person this time!!!..will have wait till new year im full on with my other project at the mo...inthewater014.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet, I ran a cossie 24v 4x4 Sierra Estate, pulled like Jimi Savile at a school disco.

I deleted the egr and ran tubular manifolds (I didnt use the plenum you have but I had planned on getting one)

I dyno'd the car at 237bhp with a standard intake manifold

Mine unfortunately expired in spectacular fashion on a ahem 'private road' racing a vectra well into double figures ( car was steady as a rock even on the limit )

That was nearly a year ago and I swear there are still bits of crank n rods at the side of said 'private road'

2k worth of work gone in 5 seconds :huh:

She gonna be a beasty !!

• Like 1

Hi stu, dam shame ure engine let go..hope iv done enuf spec wise with mine..heard that as long as change timing chains regular and oil there fine.. the only positive thing can say about manta is when being towed back from having electrics look,d at..even thow was tethered to back of a van was doing fifty ish on a610 and manta felt like it had only 1300cc cross flow up front (weight wise) guess thats do to moving engine back!. but didnt like feel of non servo brakes so iv bought pair of remote servo"s to fit..cant tell you how much i just want to drive the darn thing... cheer"s..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi its been a while since have been on the forum..some good stuff going on here!! feel like have been left behind regarding my own project, but almost finished my floating home we have been living abord for a good few months now,so been thinking about the manta, well the wirring from the emerald to the engine think my taik to dave walker to see if he could make a new loom up for me, or could any of you guys recommend the wrigh person for the job?..

• 1 month later...

Have had good news this week spoke to leoni at emerald and they can make new engine loom up, needless to say thats on order now!! on down side when was at lockup noticed mice had been inside manta didnt see any damage apart from thay chewed some bubble wrapp up (hope thats all?)..

• 3 weeks later...

fitted new loom to engine but when i turned key engine would turn over but nothing more then realised no hi pitch wurr from fuel pump..check,d earth on pump and there was power to it but it was dead.. replaced with new uprated one as there are bigger injectors fitted now...

• 2 months later...

After chopping some more from exhust to clear speed bumps..i turned engine over to find wot thought was oil leeking from rear of sump..was gutted but after closer inspection i d not nipped up one oil lines to turbo wot releif that was..!! Fitted boost gauge and three way switch for diffrent mapps should be a laff..just need some more time get all gauges working on dash now..also need back off some of fuel running little rich..mot just round the corner heres hopeing..?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had manta on rollers at emerald yesterday she made 315 bhp at 6psi boost..need bigger injectors 14psi of boost should be around 400bhp but that may have be next year .. think for now sort mot out and go for a blast should be fun!!..

Hi Martin

Never no you may see manta out and about being just up road from us normally go to griffins head pub at Papplewick car meet think first Wednesday in month, we have chat maybe. .laptop is bust workin of me phone not sure bout any pics yet cheers. ..