Manta Hatch / Ascona B 4dr Project For Sale

SteveCurnow

Greetings All,

Having not long passed 40 and in the process of starting my own business, I've come to the conclusion that I will never get around to completing this project b4 I'm too old to enjoy it.

So I am offering for sale my Project !

MY original plan was to rebuilt my Ascona B as a tarmac spec rally car (similar to the support car I owned as my first motor)

I have for sale a 1978 Bronze Opel Ascona B 2.0SR which is at this moment relatively standard.

For this car I have a Spax Pack ( partically fitted) a Peco HDR exhaust (fitted but probably needs binning), and not currnetly fitted in the car, a Peter Maid Component Lightened and balanced short engine. This was set ready to go into an earlier project car but was never fitted and has spent 15 years stowed in my garage. To go with this is a PMC Group B big valve head. Which covered around 3000 miles in the afore mentioned earlier car.

Sticking with the Ascona for now I have spare front and rear screens, plus 9 ATS1 Alloys those are the 5 spoke star form alloys fitted to the Ascona Berlinas and Manta Berlinetta from 78 to mid 80's. Also a set of 5 10 spoke TSW alloys size (16x7 with a 20 offset) currently fitted to the Ascona and look superb. Non of these tires (on all 14 wheels) are useable.

The Ascona needs some welding on the floor pan, and probably a full set of the chasis rail repair kits fitted, the shell itself and major body panels all appear in great shape.

This car was parked up in my garage Sept 1998 so has No MOT or TAX

The Manta is a 3-door hatch on a D-plate 2.0GTE which I purchased with the in tension of stripping the Fuel Injection system and 5 speed box off to fit to the Ascona.

It is a mutli beast that was purchased as spares or repair (someone elses failed project as I remember) It has been parked on my drive for 2 years and I'll be honest I haven't even looked it over too closely as my plan was to strip it. So lets describe it as spares or repair.

The Milage on the 2 cars are

Ascona - 65770 (gen)

Manta - 29232 (shown guess we should make that 129232)

I will arrange photos soon and post here

Ideally I would like to sell everything in one go, but not sure if that's possible, Offers invited for all or part of my soon tobe ex-project.

Email address is steve@curnows.com

Thanks Steve

Always forget something on these things,

Im in South Cumbria so miles away from civilization

Greetings All,

Having not long passed 40 and in the process of starting my own business, I've come to the conclusion that I will never get around to completing this project b4 I'm too old to enjoy it.

MY original plan was to rebuilt my Ascona B as a tarmac spec rally car (similar to the support car I owned as my first motor)

I have for sale a 1978 Bronze Opel Ascona B 2.0SR which is at this moment relatively standard.

For this car I have a Spax Pack ( partically fitted) a Peco HDR exhaust (fitted but probably needs binning), and not currnetly fitted in the car, a Peter Maid Component Lightened and balanced short engine. This was set ready to go into an earlier project car but was never fitted and has spent 15 years stowed in my garage. To go with this is a PMC Group B big valve head. Which covered around 3000 miles in the afore mentioned earlier car.

Sticking with the Ascona for now I have spare front and rear screens, plus 9 ATS1 Alloys those are the 5 spoke star form alloys fitted to the Ascona Berlinas and Manta Berlinetta from 78 to mid 80's. Also a set of 5 10 spoke TSW alloys size (16x7 with a 20 offset) currently fitted to the Ascona and look superb. Non of these tires (on all 14 wheels) are useable.

The Ascona needs some welding on the floor pan, and probably a full set of the chasis rail repair kits fitted, the shell itself and major body panels all appear in great shape.

The Manta is a 3-door hatch on a D-plate 2.0GTE which I purchased with the in tension of stripping the Fuel Injection system and 5 speed box off to fit to the Ascona.

It is a mutli beast that was purchased as spares or repair (someone elses failed project as I remember) It has been parked on my drive for 2 years and I'll be honest I haven't even looked it over too closely as my plan was to strip it. So lets describe it as spares or repair.

Ascona - 65770 (gen)

Ideally I would like to sell everything in one go, but not sure if that's possible, Offers invited for all or part of my soon tobe ex-project.

Thanks Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings All,

Ascona - 65770 (gen)

Thanks Steve

Sorry for the delay here guys, I work as a contractor ans sods law a contract appeared right after posting.

Back now ! Photos in the next couple of days

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...