Hello From Sunny Brighton!

Doggy

Hey everyone..

I'm Tom, I'm 29 and I'm from Brighton

I have been a manta 'enthusiast' (I guess thats one word for it.. ) for years.. and was a member of the v8 register some time ago!

I've owned 10+ manta's now (all b's all coupes.. never was a hatch man)

well, after some time away from the fold i'm back, looking at another bit of weekend fun.. ( if your idea of fun is welding up chassis rails and running out of fuel while the guage says 1/2) all full of fresh ideas and enthusiasm.. (until it rains.. or i need the damn thing to pass an mot)

so hello! and you may see me at a meet sometime soon... pushing an opel... ;)

Hi Tom

Your a blast from the past!

I cant remember how long its been since we last met, must of been at the V8 birthday bash?

Met up with Sean O'Connell (V8 Ascona) 4 weeks back.

Have you heard from anyone from the V8 Reg?

Good to hear yor still around.

Paul (Bib)

Hi Tom, I'm also from Brighton (well Hove actually!) and theres a few of us local, drop me a pm because we are all due a meet up sometime soon at a local pub. Up for it? :thumbup

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! yes sadly c997 vlf was stolen in a tragic accident involving an EX mate, a sob story and NO cash changing hands.. very sad.. last i heard it had been painted matt black and was by all accounts f**ked... :angry:

Hey Paul, my god, the last time i saw Kermit was at the pod i think.. probably a couple of years ago.. always good fun.. and always 'more beer' i think was the phrase.. :lol: glad to see some old faces still about!

well, i'm off to see a manta on monday so we'll see how that goes.. fingers crossed it actually has chassis rails and a spare wheel well.. but you cant hope for everything!

and I'm definately up for a pub meet soon! :thumbup so count me in!

Hey dude, good to hear there's another local 'enthusiast'; I'm in Brighton & have got a blown V8 hatch (sorry) although it's not been in one piece for longer than I can remember (boo). Be good to see ya at a meed some time, with or without a Manta (it's painfully unlikely I'll have one with me..) but Perywinkle and the likes will put us to shame no doubt.

Roy mate! How ya doing? Got a Manta on the road? I was up at Seans the other day, he's got enough for all of us!

Any ideas on a meet? Count me in! I'm away the 20th/21st weekend (so no Beaulieu for me - bollox!) but largely free otherwise :thumbup

HARDCORE

Well I've got the coupe 'back together', just got to tidy the wiring under the bonnet, give the engine a once over with the timing gun and give it a serious polish. Then I'm going to see our mate Phil Warren (you might remember him?!) for an MOT. I know I don't need tax but do I have to have insurance to take it for an MOT?

Anyway once thats done hopefully it will look like this again.......

Dscf4283a.jpg

Yes you do if your driving it there..

Just got the cav all legal and gave it a run out today for the first time all sweet,so whens the next meet up?? will be good to meet Doggy and see pez again and see Pauls v8 once more.

• 2 weeks later...