Inlet

blacka

Sure you mean 'downdraught' !!?? :huh:

Wouldn't have thought due to the lay out that they could be fitted, as after all they are really just twin 40/45/48's turned on thier side......................so would end up sticking right through the bonnet !!!!!

Think you might mean.. sidedraught. B)

They used to make a twin downdraft manifold for the CIH engine, the webers that fitted it were called IDF (Basically a DCOE designed to work vertically rather than horizontally)

But the manifolds are as rare as rocking horse poo second hand. Can't say i've seen anywhere that lists them new, doubt any will be left anywhere.

Can i ask why you're looking for downdrafts?

They used to make a twin downdraft manifold for the CIH engine, the webers that fitted it were called IDF (Basically a DCOE designed to work vertically rather than horizontally)

But the manifolds are as rare as rocking horse poo second hand. Can't say i've seen anywhere that lists them new, doubt any will be left anywhere.

Can i ask why you're looking for downdrafts?

i prefer the look of them and its a lot less work to fit as i have a pair of sidedrafts and it fouls the brake servo.

o.k so if i cant buy them can i get them made my brother has them on his so how would i go about getting them copied

Well I would say, get an inlet mounting face, then a mounting face for the carbs, then weld the pipes to them.

Let me know if you can do this as I might be interested.

However, if you get in touch with AT at 'active-technologies.co.uk' they can do you a full injection set up.

Don't be overawed by the 'cheap' bike carb option as you will get lots of little add ons, like manifold, Ecu system to make it work,etc etc etc.

Personally I was asking for a price of a 'single' twin throttle body with built in two injector system.

That way don't need to alter any thing else. Well maybe bigger injectors as it will suck in air from both chokes instead of the one. Standard Ecu would work as the system just squirts through the same choke when equired ! B)

Pound for pound works out cheaper.

I guess you mean the inlet manifold for twin Webers to fit the CIH, if so I have a spare one lying in the back of the Sportshatch.

Mail me on cavalier"at"colinb.co.uk and I will dig it out and send a pic so you can identify it as the one you are looking for.

Cheers, Colin.