1970 Opel Rekord Coupe

kips

For Sale

1970 Opel Rekord C Coupe

1.9ltr Auto

A rare find and a great restoration or custom project. With great American styling – this is a superb economically viable alternative to a 60s/70s yank. As you can see it has that great American "coke bottle" shape and is like a downscaled Chevy Impala.

Purchased in 2005, I sourced this car after months of searching but with relocation abroad pending it's time to pass it on. I have enjoyed daily use of this car and found it to be a highly practical option for a retro car up until just over a year ago.

Since then until now….

I've recently returned from travelling, having left my car with a trusted friend. Upon my return, unfortunately, I found my car without an MOT and on his driveway. The car has been standing for some time now but starts up and turns over no problem. Viewing highly recommended…

Im off too continue my travels abroad and have no intention of returning anytime soon, so figured it's time to give it up and let someone else enjoy her…

The body work is solid buts need a re-spray

All tyres are brand new

Glass is good

This car has great potential, a V8 would suit this car down to the ground if that's your thing, but currently has the original 1.9ltr CIH (Cam in Head) engine.

Worth a look, but please serious buyers only…advertised elsewhere.

Car is located in Pinner, Middlesex

Offers around £1500

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

LOVE these things! There was one not far from us in Blue with a black vinyl roof a few years back. From that rear three quarter view it really does bear a striking resemblence to the Bullitt Dodge Charger...