Another Fault !

eldoradoCoupe

Sorry about all the questions - 1st Manta so getting used to it !

When I bought the car my fuel pump was real noisy all the time (constant drone - although changing pitch) so I replaced it with an FSE one. That one is now doing the same thing. I mailed the guy I got the new one off and he said its likely air in the system but I replaced the input and output hoses as well and there's never been under a 1/2 tank of petrol in it. How can it be ?

Have i got a duff pump ?

Is it cause your rubber mounts are broken and the pump carrier is contacting the chassis? You'll get a lot of noise transmission if it is. The noise could be normal but you are actually hearing it.

James

Have just done the fuel pump mountings on your old hatch(B118..now AJM...)and before I did them I thought the pump was on it's last legs, now I can hardly hear it. Didn't make it to Billing.........next year!?

John.

James

Have just done the fuel pump mountings on your old hatch(B118..now AJM...)and before I did them I thought the pump was on it's last legs, now I can hardly hear it. Didn't make it to Billing.........next year!?

John.

Hey John, Looked out for you but kinda thought it was a long way for you to come- did I tell you that B811 won second in class at Billing last year!!

So have you changed the registration number??