I Have This Hatch For Sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290333055291

I have this hatch for sale im in southend on sea essex would make a good easy project for someone its basically 90% all solid it just needs some welding to o/s chassis leg i started it some 5 years ago but at the time didnt have the facility to do it really(front garden) then just parked it up in the garage .i had previously done loads of work so all the other areas are solid . the n/s chassis is really good as are the inner wing areas and the nosecone.i had also replaced the rear panel with a genuine one and all repairs are to a high standard.

im only selling as i need to clear it out of the garage as the rent is extortionate. and i have since got another manta,and various projects that take up my time . i have owned it since 1996 and have the v5 in my name and is currently on sorn .

im looking for £500 for it which i think is well worth it considering what some that needs a heap of work that have been selling on e bay recently.

best wishes paul membership number 1531

Is this an exclusive or have you just put the exclusive kit on it? I take it the 1.8 engine and box is long gone also?

It maybe a little rich for me but I'm jumping through hoops to try and flog my Golf so hopefully should have shifted it soon. Space for another manta, but parhaps not the money :unsure:

Thanks.

Is this an exclusive or have you just put the exclusive kit on it? I take it the 1.8 engine and box is long gone also?

It maybe a little rich for me but I'm jumping through hoops to try and flog my Golf so hopefully should have shifted it soon. Space for another manta, but parhaps not the money unsure.gif

Thanks.

it isnt an original exclusive . yes the 1.8 engine and box went to the tip some 9 years ago now ,i do apprieciate what you say about the money and like the rest of us only want the best money when we decide to part with things we no longer require. esp when we once invested a lot of time and effort into somthing. i know eventually im going to have to let it go for less than i really want .

but what would really count to me is that someone would get her going again and another manta would live. it really isnt that bad like ive said it does only need one piece of welding and the paint sorting . i simply dont have the time/space anymore.

what would you say is a fare price why not try merolleyes.gif

Can't believe no one has, had a wee bid "shocked". I've seen coupe sheds going for 10x the starting price of this one.

I'd rather have hatch like the above than the normal 'slap and dash' jobbies' on ebay.

Last year, when I was selling my hatch! (short mot, long tax) NOT one bit of interest :(

I stuck a new mot on it? sold it 10mins after I up-dated my post on here, was even offered a couple of hundred more than my asking price.

Personally! a mot doesn’t mean much to me, if the price is right for the right car but it's useful for driving the car home (legally)

I believe a mot is a strong selling point for other's. However it's fair to ponitout, that good hatchs don't seem to command more than £700-£900

with a long mot.

GL with sale.

Cheers,

Keith

^ Surprisingly an MOT makes all the difference, I've seen loads of cars that state no MOT but would pass one easy, but it's the same as buying a house where either you or the current owner does the structural survey for you. You may know what you're looking at but if you're not a surveyor, you don't do it. Not that this is in anyway a reflection on this hatch and it's not overpriced either. I agree, given the work it's had done there are far worse mantas that have sold with loads of hidden horrors and of course the MOT test is only looking at the level of corrosion in specific areas and we all know how hard doing proper repairs to inner panels are!!:D

I did actually sell my Golf today (hard work that was) I got less money than the paint on V8 cost me :o , so it's not enough for another manta as yet. I too hope this one sells, as Paul's obviously put loads of effort in, it's a good price and is taking offers...

Can't believe no one has, had a wee bid "shocked". I've seen coupe sheds going for 10x the starting price of this one.

I'd rather have hatch like the above than the normal 'slap and dash' jobbies' on ebay.

Last year, when I was selling my hatch! (short mot, long tax) NOT one bit of interest sad.gif

I stuck a new mot on it? sold it 10mins after I up-dated my post on here, was even offered a couple of hundred more than my asking price.

Personally! a mot doesn’t mean much to me, if the price is right for the right car but it's useful for driving the car home (legally)

I believe a mot is a strong selling point for other's. However it's fair to ponitout, that good hatchs don't seem to command more than £700-£900

with a long mot.

GL with sale.

Cheers,

Keith

hi,keith and thank you for your valued input. im of the same mind as you in the fact an mot means nothing to me other than the legality side of things. if this doesnt sell im going to have to break it for spares which is a shame as everywhere else it is really solid and would make a good sensible project for someone . i would ideally like to keep it but it is the storage issue thats a problem.

i know what you mean about the hatch v coupe price difference, just seems daft to me to think when new a hatch was a more expensive car!

last year a friend of mine tried to sell his hatch and its basically mint but just needs an odd tidy up. it only went up to £500 . in the end i had it and decided to sell my red one. you can see pics of the one i bought of him in the project section under steel grey hatch. or you may remember it in the concours at billing i was at the end of the line in the hatch intermediate section. and would like to say a big thanks to all who voted for me to win 2nd place i was well chuffed.

best wishes paul

• 2 weeks later...

hi,keith and thank you for your valued input. im of the same mind as you in the fact an mot means nothing to me other than the legality side of things. if this doesnt sell im going to have to break it for spares which is a shame as everywhere else it is really solid and would make a good sensible project for someone . i would ideally like to keep it but it is the storage issue thats a problem.

i know what you mean about the hatch v coupe price difference, just seems daft to me to think when new a hatch was a more expensive car!

last year a friend of mine tried to sell his hatch and its basically mint but just needs an odd tidy up. it only went up to £500 . in the end i had it and decided to sell my red one. you can see pics of the one i bought of him in the project section under steel grey hatch. or you may remember it in the concours at billing i was at the end of the line in the hatch intermediate section. and would like to say a big thanks to all who voted for me to win 2nd place i was well chuffed.

best wishes paul

i sold her today for the asking price to fella from great yarmouth norfolk. he was well pleased with her ,he and his sister used to own mantas years ago so had bags of enthusiasm of getting into manta ownership again. he even drove her the approx 120 mile trip from southend to yarmouth. i was a tad dubious of this as the car hadnt seen a road or turned a wheel in 5 years.

i got val entwisle (south east area rep) to pop down and pass on a membership form so hopefully another new member and the old girl gets to stay with an enthusiast.

Well done Paul, glad you made a good sale and found another happy Manta owner! Did you see my post about the Spread Eagle pub? Apparently it's a bit of a mess! Are you around on Thursday or Friday evening this week? Would you and maybe Val fancy a small meet at the Dick Turpin for a drink? And anyone else who might be around? I go away for the last week in August and then haven't got the car for most of September, so thought it would be nice to meet up before Battlesbridge?

Dave

Nice one Paul thumbsup.gif Hopefully we'll see your auld hatch returned to it's former glory thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Keith

Cheers keiththumbsup.gif great stuff he was def well pleased with it, i think he couldnt get home with it quick enough. get her up in the air and get on with it.

hi,dave yes i was glad she went to a good home. id love to meet up this week but unfortunately i cant . im def going to battlesbridge tho.

yes i did see your post about the spread eagle pub,val informed me that the whole roof has gone such a shame was a really nice pub.

she is going to find us a nice new localish venue for our meets.

paul