Manta A 1972 (Tax Exempt)

Manta_a

Really do not want to sell this car, however I'm a student and simply dont have the time or money to see it through.

I purchased the car in September last year. Its a 1972, tax exempt, 1.6 engined Manta A currently in red. I checked on the numbers and it appears it would have originally been cream or brown or similar. When looking for a Manta A I was very picky, these cars as everyone knows have a tendency to rust everywhere!

I was really lucky to find this car, it had been restored some 10 years ago and dry stored ever since. There is practically no rust anywhere on the shell. I say practically as the car is at a garage I am lending and I really need to check it over again as i've not worked on it in some 3-4 months. The only rust I have found is at the bottom of the passenger door. The drivers door I remember to be good.

I never heard the engine running as the car was missing the carb when I received it, however I was informed by the previous owner that the engine had also been extensively rebuild and covered little to no mileage since. I have since purchased a webber 32/36? Or similar carb however not fitted it.

The paint was shabby when I had the car and so I decided that I would strip the car, repaint it to a high standard and then use it daily.

I stripped the windows, lights and trim out of the car and started rubbing down the rear quarter. Unfortunately the vents that are present in the rear quarters had been changed to some horrible fibreglass things and so i decided that instead of replacing with the original vents that I would instead weld in a plate and have it smooth, I always thought the plastic vent spoiled the lines of the car. This has only been completed on one side and would be easily reversible should anybody feel the need to change it back to original. At the same time welded the holes in the back of the bootlid. Where the 'opel' and 'manta' badges are placed, the holes on the top of the bootlid for the opel badge are still there.

The car had been completely stone chipped on the underside and is in such good condition, I really dont think I would come across a similar find again. It really just needs a paint and putting back together.

I paid a fair amount for this car due to the condition, I understand many people may be put off by finishing it off and therefore I am asking £1000 for it. I shall try and get pictures up this evening.

I am located close to the M4 in South Wales.

Here are photos, mainly from when I had the car and when I started working on the one rear quarter.

Apologies for the poor and varying quality of the photos.

DSCF1252.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1256.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image025.jpg

Please note I do have all the standard wheels with the chrome centres, the random (and very horrible!) wheels are just ones I had lying around as two of the standard ones kept losing air. Also the very wide looking wheel in the picture isnt actually attached to the car, its just back to front!

Cheers

Here are photos, mainly from when I had the car and when I started working on the one rear quarter.

Apologies for the poor and varying quality of the photos.

DSCF1252.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1256.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image025.jpg

Please note I do have all the standard wheels with the chrome centres, the random (and very horrible!) wheels are just ones I had lying around as two of the standard ones kept losing air. Also the very wide looking wheel in the picture isnt actually attached to the car, its just back to front!

Cheers

hello i am very interested in this car , please can you email me a contact number via my email on here thanks a lot, or ring me on, 07805834736, much appreciated thanks so much

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...