Price Rise Manta

he's no different to any other car dealer, they buy cars and sell them on to make a profit. When you go into your local VX dealer they aint selling you a secondhand car for what they paid for it smile.gif Went cheap on ebay the first time so gave anyone the chance that wanted it more than enough time to buy it.

1800 coupes went for a lot more than £3500 a year ago, wonderfull what difference a few months make

Ah the holy grail gearbox biggrin.gif prob one reason its still in the condition it is, in saying that £300 ish would soon have it back to manual, box, pedal box, clutch, flywheel etc

But why stop there just change the engine when ur at it.........................................................now runs from Mantaman..................only kidding Ian honest :)

Without a doubt the fact that it's an auto held the price down originally, i nearly bid on it myself but couldn't risk what the following divorce would have cost me :)

This seller is taking the p**s, it wouldn't be so bad if he had put it on auction with say a reserve of £2000 so hoping to make £500 or so profit.

I hope he struggles to sell it [greedy b@stard] :angry:

The price is a bit steep, but wasn't there a super nice condition berlinetta hatch either in the classifieds or on ebay for £4500?? Also, if the bloke buys a car off ebay for £1500, doesn't he realise that's the most anyone'll pay for it currently on ebay?

I guess so. There was that urban legend of some bloke listing a paperclip, selling for enough to buy something else on ebay, he sold that and so on until eventually getting to a motorbike, car, boat and finally a house. A paper clip bought his house!! I guess if anyone can profit on something like this, then fair play to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed this dealer last week to ask if there was a sunroof, I got my answer yes factory but after reading this post i realised i had been watching this car when it was on ebay and much more local but at the time i didnt have the money now though i have but im not going to help then double ther profit margins

I have just sent this email to them lets see what reply i get

Thankyou for answering my question re sunroof, i was interested in the car but have since discovered that it was one that i was interested in when it was in eastbourne, I am not prepared to pay double its true value mantas arnt worth as much as capris on the open market especially autos

No disrespect to manta's ive had both but a good capri will fetch double that of a manta and what they are asking is capri money thet one should be up at £2000 to £2500 at most.

I am not prepared to pay double its true value mantas arnt worth as much as capris on the open market especially autos

No disrespect to manta's ive had both but a good capri will fetch double that of a manta and what they are asking is capri money thet one should be up at £2000 to £2500 at most.

None taken but it just shows you that some peeps with blue in their veins will pay more for Ford sh1te Crapri :lol: .

I have just sent this email to them lets see what reply i get

Thankyou for answering my question re sunroof, i was interested in the car but have since discovered that it was one that i was interested in when it was in eastbourne, I am not prepared to pay double its true value mantas arnt worth as much as capris on the open market especially autos

No disrespect to manta's ive had both but a good c**** will fetch double that of a manta and what they are asking is capri money thet one should be up at £2000 to £2500 at most.

will be intresting to see what reply you will get :lol:

now go and wash your mouth out with soap and water for saying a swear word :o:P:lol:

2k for a Capri? Does the included a free 'Kipper tie and Grey Flannels to match'??? :lol:

Your best to get yourself a GT/E (CIH).

My rough guide on prices

C/CC Series only

Standard Cars;

GT/E Hatchback £300-£2000

GT/E Coupe---- £500-£3000

Exclusive coupe £500-£5000 (I think a 'mint' white one sold for £7k at the billing)

1.8 Hatchback £500-????

1.8 Coupe------ £800-????

irmscher models (rare)

I'm speculating here

i200 £2000-£8000

i240 £5000-£15000

i400 ex council house price range?

No disrespect to manta's ive had both but a good capri will fetch double that of a manta.

I beg to differ mate. A Manta exclusive GTE coupe would be worth slightly more than a similar condition Capri 2.8i, a 1.8S hatch to a 1.6 laser or 2.0S about the same but a GTE'll be more, earlier cars like Manta B series 1.9SR to a MK2 2.0L or the 3.0 Capri perhaps slightly more for the capris but not double by any stretch. The i240 against a JPS Capri?? Dunno, I've got no price reference for either.

Martin's right, I saw a 1.8S coupe in good but not mint condition (manual, carmine red, history & long MOT) sell for about £2k as although a road going 1.8 coupes are thin on the ground, I've never really heard anyone say they're searching for one, you've got to have a lot of people interested in actually owning one and a 1.8 berlinetta auto, no matter how scarce, will never be as desireable as an Exclusive GTE for example (on the subject there was an Exclusive, again not mint but MOT'd and road going that was ebayed for around the £3.5k mark so is a good comparison)