Hello, From Doncaster

85_GT/E

Hi my name is Paul Varney i have had Manta's now for 9 years getting my first when i was 16 a D reg (D787 XJX) astro silver Berlinetta hatchback, then i got (E147 GFV) a Monaco blue exclusive coupe, Then i got a dolphin grey exclusive GT/E (E803 AHE) hatch and now i have got a 1985 GT/E Hatchback that i bought from ebay in June this year, i have included some pics so you can take a look at Gloria my new Manta some one has ruined her they have taken the interior our and fitted a full roll cage lowered it that much its running on its bump stop (i thought it was i hard ride) and put a big daft toe eye on the rear of the car, don't ask its looks shit i no.

I got in to Mantas ( court the Manta bug) thanks to the late Robert Hughes who used to live on my street, my grandad used to be his boss so i got talking to him through him, what a Manta nut he was although he did go more for the Monzas in his later life.

I did collect all the vitesse manta 400 models when i was 14/15 then when i could buy my firsy real car i sold them all to fund that, then when i passed my test sadly i went out of mantas for a few years then i git offed Monica the blue lady (E145 GFV) so i started again but this time im here to stey i still need lots of parts to get it finished but im going to do a list and put it in the parts wanted section hopefully you all can help me it is currently white but when all welding done and panels replaced it will be dolphin grey and at billing next year.

manta-08.jpg

manta84.jpg

manta.jpg

manta_08.jpg

Not sure how to put pics on can any1 help me please???????

Hello again Paul - I have not yet managed to post photos on the forum despite various members posting step by step even a toddler could do it instructions - in the end I just posted a link to my facebook photos :unsure: but please bear in mind that I am a girl and therefore do not read instructions very well anyway in the meantime this link may help

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/23127-adding-photos-to-website-topics/

good luck

Warm Welcome to you and the Manta, Why not pop down the A1 and meet all of us from the East Midlands area. We meet 2nd Thurs of the month at Gunthorpe Notts. About 30 miles from you I would think.

You cannot miss us we are all in the car park standing next to our Ford Capri's :D

Only Joking Manta's, Mk1 Cavaliers & other GM products.

welcome to you both, as regards Gloria I find it strange that the interior has been taken out , it must only have been for looks 'cos I have kept a full interior and a full Safety Devices cage fitted in my hatch. In the meantime you could always try cutting the bump stops by 50%, it may stop it feeling so crashy and hard.

Best of luck, Colin. :thumbup

Hi my name is Paul Varney i have had Manta's now for 9 years getting my first when i was 16 a D reg (D787 XJX) astro silver Berlinetta hatchback, then i got (E147 GFV) a Monaco blue exclusive coupe, Then i got a dolphin grey exclusive GT/E (E803 AHE) hatch and now i have got a 1985 GT/E Hatchback that i bought from ebay in June this year, i have included some pics so you can take a look at Gloria my new Manta some one has ruined her they have taken the interior our and fitted a full roll cage lowered it that much its running on its bump stop (i thought it was i hard ride) and put a big daft toe eye on the rear of the car, don't ask its looks shit i no.

I got in to Mantas ( court the Manta bug) thanks to the late Robert Hughes who used to live on my street, my grandad used to be his boss so i got talking to him through him, what a Manta nut he was although he did go more for the Monzas in his later life.

I did collect all the vitesse manta 400 models when i was 14/15 then when i could buy my firsy real car i sold them all to fund that, then when i passed my test sadly i went out of mantas for a few years then i git offed Monica the blue lady (E145 GFV) so i started again but this time im here to stey i still need lots of parts to get it finished but im going to do a list and put it in the parts wanted section hopefully you all can help me it is currently white but when all welding done and panels replaced it will be dolphin grey and at billing next year.

c:usersPaulPicturesmanta_08.jpgc:UsersPaulPicturesmanta_13.jpg

Not sure how to put pics on can any1 help me please???????

hello i see you used to own E147 GFV are you sure it wasnt E145 GFV it was the name Robert Hughes thats made me curious, didnt know he had died v sad , he was a wierd but nice bloke any way i now own this car my mate purchased it probably from you but sadly he was killed near goldthorpe 2 years ago when a van T boned his mondeo but it definatly belonged to robert hughes in the passed, i think i may now have to call it " CHRISTINE " !!!!!!!!!! she is now fully sorted structurally, i am on with the brakes and rubbers etc......................Casper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi paul i havent posted for quite a while i am from near doncaster i live in South Kirkby about 10 miles away. What are your plans for your hatch. I have nearly finished my manta 400r coupe. I have done it in the rothmans colours and stickers its looking smart. I used to use it for track racing but retired it last year and decided to mint it up. I am just waiting for my lights coming to finish it off. It is stripped out with a safety devices roll cage and adjustable spax suspension very much like yours I am looking for some twin 45s if anyone has any. If you would like to have a look at it Paul for some ideas you are welcome. I will try and post some pics. Kind regards Tony.

• 1 month later...