List Your Links To The Most Illiterate Ebay Adds Here.

Is it just me or is the English language under threat :rolleyes:

Do they teach children in school how to spell?

I'm only 38 but my younger brothers and sister can't send me a text that i don't have to go to the Rosetta stone to decipher,

Ebay is littered with the stuff, see this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-bmw-e34-520i-breaking_W0QQitemZ220460587391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335479997f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This one is just a minor offender

Post your worst offender

( head down, hope I've no typos :lol: )

Kev

Edited by Kevin Abbott

Thats quite bad :blink: . Seen alot of ads like that over the years on Flea-bay, if it wasn't for the picture on the listing you wouldn't have a clue what was being sold.Does Flea-bay have a spell check? Though I guess it's not much good if they cant read what the button says!! :) .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mint-hackett-top-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem439957b8d0QQitemZ290335471824QQptZMenQ5fsQ5fClothesQQsalenotsupported

This guy has got a lot better than he was a couple of months back, I wish I'd kept some of his old ones, the spelling was terrible.

It's either 'pure' laziness or some type of youth culture chit-chat.

To be honest I think its mainly due to the invention of the text message, the younger generation don't really need to learn how to spell as the phone does most of it for them and when it doesnt they just use abbreviations, so again no need for correct spelling or grammer, sad really.

If the abbreviated type of wording is for text messaging, then they should keep it to text messaging. I had some email responces to my Golf advert, such as "Hi their wots ure lowist price" and that was it. I completely ignore these, as if the bloke is really that interested, he would have taken the time to type a clear email with a few queries on the car and at least left his name. Why abbreviate an email? Text uses so little space it's pointless!

I don't mind the odd spelling or punctuation errors, since pobodys nerfect, but I think it's safe to assume if you're looking at a car being sold by someone who blatantly cant be bothered to type out a proper advert or is simply thick, then they're unlikely to have looked after the car properly.

Naturally you don't want them too clever either, they might know things you don't :lol:

I'll bet dat em3 has never been raced by the sound of the engine, must have solid tappets :D

Quality, his full stop key must be missing from the keyboard :huh:

I'm with you all folks, I hate this text speak abbreviation culture there is now. Most of the time I can't even understand what they're talking about. My wife is a driving instructor, and she shows me some of the texts she receives from her (mostly 17 year old) pupils. I'm thinking of putting them into a book and request deciphers! It really is poor.

Glad it's not just me that thinks that then.

I'll bet dat em3 has never been raced by the sound of the engine, must have solid tappets :D

Quality, his full stop key must be missing from the keyboard :huh:

I think he has near enough every puncuation key missing! If I was selling something on Ebay I would at least try to describe in a literal way to give it half a chance.I think laziness also plays a part -_- .

That's brilliant. Not one comma or full stop in the entire text and a good third of words mis-spelt :lol:

Even in his reply to the bloke taking the piss in the questions and answers, he can't even get that right!! be wotes it got to do with a sad little loser like you may be if you look at your owen mams misstake. Who's Owen Mams?:lol:

That's brilliant. Not one comma or full stop in the entire text and a good third of words mis-spelt :lol:

Even in his reply to the bloke taking the piss in the questions and answers, he can't even get that right!! be wotes it got to do with a sad little loser like you may be if you look at your owen mams misstake. Who's Owen Mams? :lol:

:lol::lol: ! So funny.!

I'm after an Aprilia RS50 and whilst searching through the ones on ebay I found this:-

Another shite ebay description

Remember if an IQ of 100 is average, statistically half the population are thick, which explains a lot! Was Forrest Gump's IQ 65 in the film??

Another keyboard with all the punctuation keys missing! and half letter keys aswell looking at the spelling! :o

^ and the bike's crap too! Only done 20,000 miles :o, 20k on a 50cc two stroke I'm surprised it still runs at all, let alone all the work this one actually needs, like the 'breaks', fuel 'tan' key and 'exhurst'. No wonder he's 'sailing' it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't understand why these dopes can't type the advert/description into Word, then click the spell check. Then they can just paste it into ebay or pistonheads, confident in the fact that they've got a decent advert. One or two mistakes on longer or more complicated words is purrfektlee akseptibull (:lol:) but not one word in every sentence.