Door Differences?

manta3000

As far as I am aware all doors for coupe and hatch are the same. In theory they are actually both coupes as that just means a 2 door vehicle weather it has a tailgate or a boot. I have changed many doors and never once been bothered weather they have come from a hatch and they have always fitted.the differences start from where the doors finish basically apart from the roof being a slightly different profile.

HTH.:thumbup

Have to correct you on that one Rob. All 50 models which is Manta Hatch & Coupe are the same doors, 90159773 is the LH & 90159774 RH.

The Ascona's are different to the Manta and have two tpyes depending if its two of four door. The difference on the Manta is the Glass is different between the Hatch & Coupe

Cheers

Andy

I am even going to wade in on this one and say that I believe the doors are different between the coupe and hatch, I forget which way round looks worse but I am pretty sure they differ in the bottom rear corner profile, one type tucks in more than the other.

I have had chats with Nick about this and seem to recall him saying the same.

I know the glass is different, that one is definate.

I,ve fitted both hatch doors and Coupe doors on a Coupe and they are different, unless I've had all hatch doors with a kink at the bottom :(

Wonder why the glass is different, when the Roof from the B post forward is the exact same profile as the Coupe, ? Uses the same screen so the A post has to be the same. Any ideas ?

The roofline on the coupe starts to curve down towards the rear of the car earlier than the hatch.

Which is why when you put coupe glass in the hatch there is a gap at the top-rear

Cheers wasnt quite sure on that one, always good to know for future ref with the glass :)

Right...

I have taken advice and I have found both coupe and hatch doors (the actual doors, not ANYTHING bolted to them) are the SAME part number.

I have always genuinely thought the doors to be different.

Sorry for any confusion folks.

Now get out there and bolt any door to you mantas with no fear. :)

Right...

I have taken advice and I have found both coupe and hatch doors (the actual doors, not ANYTHING bolted to them) are the SAME part number.

Now get out there and bolt any door to you mantas with no fear. :)

Good to see you back mate :thumbup:thumbup

Right...

Now get out there and bolt any door to you mantas with no fear. smile.gif

Wonder whats been going on with the hatch doors we used before Paul, same as you everytime I use hatch doors they kick in at the bottom on the coupes. wheras coupe doors fit spot on. Could just be down to tollerance differences. Either way they interchange with some work :)

And if yur really stuck for coupe door glass, hatch glass does work jist keep window doon awe tad then shut yur door und close, does temp till right glass kin be found. biggrin.gif

Well thats one way Rab :) on the other hand if the door is complete with glass its handy to figure out if it was fitted to a hatch or a coupe, now all we need is a buff to take pics of both sets of glass and post em up lol

As far as i was aware the doors could be adjusted at the factory or dealers as there was a tool which allowed the "ahem" technician to lever the doors rear lower edge inwards or outwards to let it line up with the quarterpanel,as the doors being quite long would twist slightly both when new and on the car , i can imagine that once the seatbelt has been caught in a slammed door a few times it would alter its trueness.I used to have a pic of the tool , will have to see if i can find it , i think it was essentially a long pry bar that went inside the door , this ring any bells with anyone else?

Robbie, trying tae mind am sure when yae closed hatch on coupe the top rear corner owe glass hit first rubber seal, but if kept doon awe tad awe would shut und then close to top after.Will need to hiv a look and see wi mi glass but sure I got rid / gave away, all hatch glass when I got coupe so widnae hiv this problem again!!

Pat, Ach hem! :unsure: awe just yased awe decent length owe 4x2 wi awe rag roond thi bottom end und some gentle persuasion