Manta Gt/e Springs

XL391

I have a set of Manta GT/E springs in good nick off a hatch to throw on my Cav hatch and I was wondering how much of a drop in ride height i'd get? Could I leave on the original shockers as well? I do have a set of lowering springs that will give a 30mm drop (IIRC) on the standard ride height for a GT/E that I bought around 10 years ago for my first Cav but I don't really want to mess about with the shockers, or the ride comfort...yet...

It'll probably be an inch although it's always hard to judge as old springs will have sagged slightly. I've got some lowering springs too which were for my V8 but I want to opt for normal GTE ones which are still far better than the 1.8 and early B mega height. The old shocks'll be fine if they're just normal oil ones, most of the part numbers I've seen for the front shocks are the same for the 1.8S and GTE which have different spring heights.

Just trying to remove the front springs now but the clamps i'm using are totally different from the one illustrated in the Haynes manual. They have a 'claw' at each end of a threaded shaft which you wind with a rachet. Thing is, the claw won't fit between the spring or the suspension upper arm. Do you need the spring clamp from the manual to do the fronts or does anyone out there know of any 'alternative methods'?