Manta B Project Underway!

upk

Well I have managed to make some progress on the re assembly. Not as much as I would have hoped but the dreaded man flu took hold!!

I am rally pleased with the bronze metallic paintwork and cream leather trim

5ACEF9A3-52F7-4008-A050-A34602D53D33-162

I have a choice with the dash, for the most it's all flocked in black but I was wondering about using the leather clad binnacle?? What's opinions on this one??

2498D6F5-2DEA-4A1D-B215-0BAAED237077-162

6990622D-F14C-4958-A599-29913B703B95-162

• Like 2

Doesn't work for me. The paint scheme is pretty much one of my options for the A series build, good taste that man! Interior is looking very plush.

I used the same colour scheme on my old A series and liked it that much I decided to use it again. Of course getting hold of the cream leather interior did support that decision

The leather seats look brill :) No from me on the leather binnacle tho. FLOCK IT! :)

(I swear I can smell the leather when I look at the pic!)

Tony

I was in 2 minds over the binnacle but I have a flocked one so will go with that.

• Like 1

That interior look familiar, or did you have it made ?

V8inside.jpg

It was purchased by me from a fellow manta owner out near Bridlington but I guess it's the very one in your picture! Top job mind still in great condition. What's the history on it??

Thought it looked familiar !

I helped build a V8 Manta when I was about 20 (20 years ago ! ) that belonged to someone I met at a Manta club pub meet down here in Cornwall back in the days the cars were more common and there was a good manta scene here.

We became firm friends as we worked on the car. A few years ago he decided to move to France and I bought the V8 off him, it came with the cream leather interior you now have. I always thought it looked nice but did not suit the car it was in, I had a blitz interior and that got fitted.

I sold the interior to Chris in Wales and then lost track of it until tonight !

Edited by paulmanta

cheers for the info Paul, considering it's been around for many years it still looks pristine so must have been well made at the time.

Also just to clarify its now back home in Wales! Lol

Regards

Kev

Edited by upk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No James, not long now just one major decision still outstanding:-

Wheels? Or rather which wheels??

17" I am thinking to fill out the arches.

If I go for 17" what offset can I use. Want to get a deep dish old Skool look.

Any suggestions anyone??

Not a good day today!

Started out by fitting the rad and hoses so I could fire it up. Ran nicely for a while and now it won't bloody start. Got a strong spark on no1 plug but suspect fuel may have gone off as plugs a bit wet! Will drain it all out and go for a fresh gallon to see what happens.

Cheered myself up by fitting infill panel and graphics to same.

BEE93841-739B-4BFC-B363-12FD083D651E-276

Plan of action:-

1. Drain fuel and replenish

2. Confirm timing belt not slipped

3. Confirm spark on all 4 plugs

Try again, if no good throw whatever's in my hand up the drive to eleviate frustration.

• Like 4