Both Wings For Manta

dynamytedan

had an accident a few days ago ... not my fault .... someone pulled out on me and i ended up wedged between that car and a parked car . my ns passenger wing behind the wheel is totally mashed into the foot well and way beyond repair , the os wing has some damage but might be repairable . but ideally 2 wings would sort it and its back on the road .

the steering may have sustained slight damage , i previously done the tracking myself at a garage with a lazer tracker , and i had it spot on and the wheel nice and strait .

now the steering wheel is not strait .... :angry: GRRRRR!!! it seems to pull slightly oddly when going strait ahead...

no play that i can find , and the track rods look as strait as they ever did .

it could be that the camber is now out , or the hub has become bent , more looking needed i think.

the insurance assesor is coming to see it on wednesday and im expecting a wright off and not much of a payout .im planning to attempt to persuade him into thinking the car is worth more than the book value of £4 or 500 . ill see how that goes ....

i should probably start a new topic or somthing :blink:

I'm sure you'll be able tyo get more than £4-500 for it as they are selling for alot more nowadays.

Plus is it practical classics that has a price guide and it has the Manta with MOT for more that £1000.

had a look at the e bay wings ... theyre up in grantham , about 100 miles from me .

a bit further than id like to go , but needs must ....

the insurance assesor will be down on wednesday , so ill wait and see the lay of the land with him .

then if theres nothing else about , ill more than likely have them if theyre still available .

i know what your saying with the value of a reasonable manta with an mot being £1000 upwards . that is very true , but im not sure these insurance people see it like that .

they will probably say " well you can get another d reg vauxhall with an MOT for £300 !"

ill see if i can get some pricing info printed out , from e bay ads and magazeens etc , and hopfully give the guy an education , and if all goes well ill end up with a big wedge and my car repaired .

im still interested in both wings if anyone has them closer to london , or if anyone further away is willing to post . would be nice to have more than 1 option :-) , but ill take what i can get ....

Are the ones I have no good? I did reply to your post in my parts for sale advert.http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/23546-manta-b-coupe-doors-panels-and-more/

I do have a picture which I'd need to email to you as photobucket won't work for me anymore. The n/s wing is from a B and the o/s from a GTE and they'd need a bit of prep. I've also got some grey high build primer and satin black cellulose paint I'm looking to shift so I can buy my red paint for the hatch. No obligation either way as wings are somewhat useful to keep as spares. Thanks.

had an accident a few days ago ... not my fault .... someone pulled out on me and i ended up wedged between that car and a parked car . my ns passenger wing behind the wheel is totally mashed into the foot well and way beyond repair , the os wing has some damage but might be repairable . but ideally 2 wings would sort it and its back on the road .

the steering may have sustained slight damage , i previously done the tracking myself at a garage with a lazer tracker , and i had it spot on and the wheel nice and strait .

now the steering wheel is not strait .... angry.gif GRRRRR!!! it seems to pull slightly oddly when going strait ahead...

no play that i can find , and the track rods look as strait as they ever did .

it could be that the camber is now out , or the hub has become bent , more looking needed i think.

the insurance assesor is coming to see it on wednesday and im expecting a wright off and not much of a payout .im planning to attempt to persuade him into thinking the car is worth more than the book value of £4 or 500 . ill see how that goes ....

i should probably start a new topic or somthing blink.gif

HI , I HAVE A DRIVERS WING , IM NEAR TO LONDON ,, CALL 07727137257

• 3 weeks later...

Front both wings new (not genuine) at 100 euros each +mail costs (unfortunately)

thats a fair price for brand new wings .

i would have considered that for sure had i not already got some .

thanks all the same .

just out of interest , how much can you do a new pattern front panel for?

and rear wheel arches?

also sills?