Bigger Brakes

gooseless

hello all, i,m new to the manta scene and ended up buying two cars in one week to make 1 decent one from both! q,s i,ve got is do any other vauxhall, larger, vented - brake disc,s and calipers fit directly onto my coupe gte??? having the car totally re-sprayed and would like to upgrade the stopping power if poss!! plus it will be xe-powered as well!!! lol!! any help would be good please people! many thanks from paul!

The only vauxhall disc that will bolt directly onto the manta that is better than the original is from the old Carlton 2.2 as its a vented disc.

But its not much of an improvement apart from being a vented disc.

However all the other vauxhall front calipers will bolt onto the manta upright.

There is a very popular upgrade that you will find talked about on here quite a lot.

It uses the calipers found on many modern vauxhalls from astra to omega, basically any car with 256x24mm vented discs have the calipers you need.

They are often on e-bay advertised as an upgrade caliper for nova's and corsa's.

You then get a 256x22 Audi 80/100 disc from 1991-92 models that has a 56mm offset (this is the important bit as most other audis have a much lower offset, about 35mm)

The disc then requires the centre bore opening up to fit the rear of the manta hub, and 4 new mounting holes drilling at 92mm pcd.

With that done it bolts on with your original bolts, and lines up spot on for the above caliper.

A big advantage with this setup is that it will happily fit under the standard Manta Gt/e alloy wheels.

Have made a few sets of these up for people and they are a great improvement over the standard brakes.

If you want a larger option you can run the 284mm vauxhall calipers (calibra turbo/ V6 vectra + omega etc) with the sierra cossie 2wd front discs (again they need the centre bore opening up and the 4 new mounting holes).

You will need bigger wheels to fit over these.

Be careful though with these you will want to look at your rear brakes, as they are a much more powerful setup.

Which will cause you to lock the fronts a lot if you don't either fit some sort of bias adjustment or a rear disc brake setup.

The 256mm discs don't upset the braking with drums

The only vauxhall disc that will bolt directly onto the manta that is better than the original is from the old Carlton 2.2 as its a vented disc.

But its not much of an improvement apart from being a vented disc.

However all the other vauxhall front calipers will bolt onto the manta upright.

There is a very popular upgrade that you will find talked about on here quite a lot.

It uses the calipers found on many modern vauxhalls from astra to omega, basically any car with 256x24mm vented discs have the calipers you need.

They are often on e-bay advertised as an upgrade caliper for nova's and corsa's.

You then get a 256x22 Audi 80/100 disc from 1991-92 models that has a 56mm offset (this is the important bit as most other audis have a much lower offset, about 35mm)

The disc then requires the centre bore opening up to fit the rear of the manta hub, and 4 new mounting holes drilling at 92mm pcd.

With that done it bolts on with your original bolts, and lines up spot on for the above caliper.

A big advantage with this setup is that it will happily fit under the standard Manta Gt/e alloy wheels.

Have made a few sets of these up for people and they are a great improvement over the standard brakes.

If you want a larger option you can run the 284mm vauxhall calipers (calibra turbo/ V6 vectra + omega etc) with the sierra cossie 2wd front discs (again they need the centre bore opening up and the 4 new mounting holes).

You will need bigger wheels to fit over these.

Be careful though with these you will want to look at your rear brakes, as they are a much more powerful setup.

Which will cause you to lock the fronts a lot if you don't either fit some sort of bias adjustment or a rear disc brake setup.

The 256mm discs don't upset the braking with drums

thamks pal, but still i was looking for the lazy option of a simple bolt on kit that does not require drilling or shaving things off as i,m too busy at the mo to have any of that done, plus i,m hoping to have my car painted monday and start fitting her up middle part of next week!