Manta A '74 Stereo Housing?

MickB

There is a gap in between the dash and glove compartment where the stereo should be and I am presuming there should be a stereo 'housing' of some sort there and this is missing. Can I get one anywhere?

Many thanks

Mick

There is a gap in between the dash and glove compartment where the stereo should be and I am presuming there should be a stereo 'housing' of some sort there and this is missing. Can I get one anywhere?

Many thanks

Mick

If you find one or two let me know my stereo missing as well ...mick

• 2 weeks later...

There is no housing that I know of. As far as I can work out the radio area was blank and at the factory or dealership they cut a mounting hole for it. Some cars are totally blank.

The original radios were the type with two knobs and push buttons for your presets.

517456.jpg

hi mick,

on the yellow A the previous owner had cut out were the stereo sat in,leaving that missing bit,you will need a new dash board, me and steve were after one but were unable to obtain one.i will try and get a pic up of mine so you can see what i mean.

hi mick,

on the yellow A the previous owner had cut out were the stereo sat in,leaving that missing bit,you will need a new dash board, me and steve were after one but were unable to obtain one.i will try and get a pic up of mine so you can see what i mean.

Thanks for this, looks like I may have to construct something myself when the time comes...or just sing to myself as I drive along! Still trying to get welding quotes on it at the moment to get it through an MOT. Will let you know how it goes.

Mick

There is no housing that I know of. As far as I can work out the radio area was blank and at the factory or dealership they cut a mounting hole for it. Some cars are totally blank.

The original radios were the type with two knobs and push buttons for your presets.

517456.jpg

Thanks. I remember continually changing mine when I first had the Manta all those years ago, and adding a graphic booster etc.

Mike

ho problem, yeah let us know how mot goes when you get there.

heres a pic of how it should be.

P1010030.jpg

cheers sean

Thanks for the pic, that helps to know what it should look like. Car going in for MOT on Monday, basically only to find out all the things it will fail on and what I need to do to get it passed. Dreading a long list.

Mick

Beaker is right, there was no blanking plates made as the dash was uncut when made, if any car had a radio fitted the dash was cut to install it. If you wanted to blank it of you could modify pretty much any blanking plate to suit. Some sikaflex will soon hold it on over the ugly hole :)

I just fitted a heead unit in mine, peroid ones look good but sound naff. :)

good look on mot thumbsup.gif , your list shouldn't be as bad as mine,as yours is quite solid from what i remember

sean

Cheers, as a matter of inetrest you don't remember what carb is fitted to it do you? There is a bit of cut out sponge where the air filter should be and I want to put on a proper filter. Guy looked at it the other day and thought if might be a Weber twin choke?

Many Thanks

Mick

Beaker is right, there was no blanking plates made as the dash was uncut when made, if any car had a radio fitted the dash was cut to install it. If you wanted to blank it of you could modify pretty much any blanking plate to suit. Some sikaflex will soon hold it on over the ugly hole smile.gif

I just fitted a heead unit in mine, peroid ones look good but sound naff. smile.gif

Thanks. I like a bit of The Boss whilst driving so will have to make something to house a cd player!cool.gif

Just cut it the normal size and insert a head unit frame,

unlucky for mick he cant just cut a hole,as i remeber the bits in yellow have been cut out aswell leaving him with a rather large gap! if i remember rightly?

cheers

lunapic-12533151299723.gif

Many thanks

Mick

Mick, I have an uncut dash for sale £35. No sun damage to the top either, in excellent condition. If interested let me know. Paul 07958 579628

MantaDashpanel002.jpg

MantaDashpanel001.jpg