Manta A Series V8 Supercharged

Paul Barrett

I will indeed tony, I've made this one up to copy for the other side as it took hours of cutting to fit the outer panel, it's not perfect couple of mil gaps but easily tacked up when ready to weld in, also need to start thinking about how I'm going to stretch or flare the outer panels to fit the new arches etc, lots to think about and research.

Edited by Paul Barrett

Cheers for the info on the wheels mate.

So you said you had never tackled anything so big before, i thought you were a fabricator looking at the work

Loving following the project.

Cheers  Dougs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had some goodies given for my birthday from family!

31034885-7E33-4F04-BBDB-81A4C6061A1D_zps

Shrinker stretcher and a nice little Cleco kit, pretty chuffed my wife listened some months ago after asking me what I would like 'something that will last and be useful' she said.

Also this to replace my crappy air powered one, power file

ED1AA213-8C13-4DE3-AD5A-2134CCFA38DE_zps

Hi Paul thanks for the gearbox today, your manta looks great in that colour hope you get it fully painted because its a real tidy manta,

the v8 you are working on is unreal,

you should be working for a F1 team, designing cars, you really are a highly skilled man,

you will have to take me out in it when you get it finished, im sure it will be the fastest car i will have ever been in,

nice to see you,

regards Russ

• 1 month later...

Not much to report im afraid, but did make a start on my stand for the shrinker/stretcher machine, was goig to finish it but Chris (mantaray) came round for a brew and a chat.... Lol so alas didnt get that done and couldn't be arsed today to be quite honest.

But here's 50% finished article.

Just needs a pedal and a connecting rod to the lever now

53BCF8B5-F0C2-435F-8753-02B319E25992_zps

The idea is that it's foot pedal operated so I can work sheet metal with both hands, much easier than trying to use the lever at the same time.

• Like 2