Y Plate Red 1.8S Hatch

Red hatch

I fancy a punt on this if it doesn't go crazy in price. Can anyone remember when it was last for sale in April and/or what it sold for? I'm liking the low mileage, service history and full MOT on sale, but I don't like the test drive as a passenger only as I can quite easily insure it for a day fully comp. I'd only buy a car I didn't test drive if it was from a known/longer term club member or very cheap. Ah well!

Edited by Rick-Manta

^ Would ebay throw it off before the auction end because of that? It's a bit of a nerve I guess but I think he's referring to the entire payment as if he's expecting a £100 deposit straight away, then he can fit the bill for that!

By the looks of things it'll pass my budget anyhow, there's no way I'd pay more for it than I did my current 1.8 hatch, which is with the exception of paintwork, more car for the money B) .

Relisted red hatch

The last auction ended early but the bloke says it was because he got some of the details wrong. He's still got this buyer covers Paypal charges at the end of the listing. He's also still got the no test drives and from what I can tell he won't take cash on collection, although a bloke in the last listing asked and the seller said he would but he wanted ID and no fifties!! Alienate everyone then, does he actually want to sell it? Tell you what Mr. 20094153, I've lost any interest I had so stick your car up your arse! :angry:

Edited by Rick-Manta

Well in honesty I am peeving because I want it and can't quite afford it :lol: but if I were to part with a hard earned grand, I'd expect a test drive (companies like daycover and temp cover can fully comp a test drive for peanuts) and if I turn up with twenty £50 notes and no proof of identity I wouldn't want to be ummed and arred at.

I sold my Golf GTi a few months back and I bent over backwards for the bloke who bought it and even chipped in with the collection/delivery costs as the guy was a bit skint and didn't realise the cost of delivery. All for £300!

It's a buyers market :D