Brake Hose

rayman

Hi everyone, am i correct in thinking that if the front brakes are sticking and pistons move fine it could be the brake hoses broke down inside if so does anyone please know a part number for front brake hoses for A series manta Lockhead,girling or even Quinten . Been my local car shop who is pretty good cannot find any info on them.Many thanks mick :thumbup

Edited by rayman

Hi everyone, am i correct in thinking that if the front brakes are sticking and pistons move fine it could be the brake hoses broke down inside if so does anyone please know a part number for front brake hoses for A series manta Lockhead,girling or even Quinten . Been my local car shop who is pretty good cannot find any info on them.Many thanks mick :thumbup

Hi Mick,good job i'm sad eh.Girling part number was GHP399,same for both sides.Obviously obsolete now,but you can always ring these guys with the part number;

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

or if they can't help,drop me a pm,and i'll see if i can find my old hose catalogue,and see if i can find something that will do it for you.Leave it with you matey,cheers :thumbup

Edited by pma

Hi Mick,good job i'm sad eh.Girling part number was GHP399,same for both sides.Obviously obsolete now,but you can always ring these guys with the part number;

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

or if they can't help,drop me a pm,and i'll see if i can find my old hose catalogue,and see if i can find something that will do it for you.Leave it with you matey,cheers :thumbup

Thats great thankyou very much for your time ,will give the number to shop .They are usually really good once a numbers available if not will give you a shout ..Again many thanks Mick :thumbup

Thats great thankyou very much for your time ,will give the number to shop .They are usually really good once a numbers available if not will give you a shout ..Again many thanks Mick thumbsup.gif

You might also get hold of one from Goodrich - they do a stainless braided steel set for later models relatively cheaply - think mind cost around £20 which are much better than the originals. They have a huge range covering all sorts / ages of classic cars so it's worthwhile trying; your local motorfactor should hold a catalogue. Mine had to be ordered but I think they were through within about a week.

Val