Wiring Sr Clock Help

moodoo

Hi,

The clock on my SR hasn't ever worked...I've discovered one of the reasons

was that it as never wired up right in the first place! Looking at my

Haynes manual, it looks like its powered off the 12V for the Ammeter?

Obviously (?) it doesn't need to be anywhere near the same guage of wire

though? I guess 16 or 20AWG would be fine, it can't be drawing much current?

What size wire has anyone else got powering their clock? What way is the connection

made at the Ammeter, just piggybacked onto the ammeter connection with a standard

'round spade'?

Thanks,

FP

hi there. 0.5mm or even 0.75mm cable will be fine. clock casing lug goes to earth wire under dash (brown)or any suitable screw! power feed wire to clock goes to the spade underneath fuses & power feed to clock light goes to other spade underneath fuses.( one is perm live other is ign live .cant remember which off top of my head but will be obvios whan you try it. )

Haynes Manta A P172 Leci dia bottom right Nos 47,48,49, cable gauge / direction, & exploded view p 183 indicator lights and gauges [Rallye] top right dia. Yup awe bit spaghetti junction follow view p183 one gauge at a time and if awe idiot like mi sell kin dae it yul bi fine.Yased 20 AWG mi sell at thi time jist wished I still had that `A` :( .

Yep, mine is an A-series, sorry if I sent anyone on the wrong track there...

Thanks for pointing out those diagrams Rab, they should see me right. I was just a bit

wary about wiring anything directly to those big ammeter cables, but thats how it seems to be done...

Yep, mine is an A-series, sorry if I sent anyone on the wrong track there...

Thanks for pointing out those diagrams Rab, they should see me right. I was just a bit

wary about wiring anything directly to those big ammeter cables, but thats how it seems to be done...

Hope yae git sorted oot ok, oni piccys of yur `A` :thumbup still miss ma auld SR awe hid ma sell awe few year back.