Scuttle Panel Wanted

mickappy

due to bonnet lifting after forgetting to put fasten pins im in need of a

scuttle panel and bonnet hinges in good nick.

I've got a scuttle panel that i chopped out of an old coupe a few years back, was in good condition from memory.

I'll get it down from the garage roof and give it a check over tomorrow.

Don't have hinges though as i used them when my bonnet did the same as yours :rolleyes:

good job i had hyd struts on as it stopped the bonnet from getting to the screen/roof.

cheers guys. having looked this morning the bonnet is near perfect and can easily

be fixed. the hinges have had it and the scuttle panel is twisted up and might be possible to save.

how the hell do u change the hinges???

i can always chop em off and go for 4 bonnetpins? anyone done this?

Hinges are a shitty wee job, they are put on with like a rivet, grind the heads of and put the new ones on with shouldered bolts with lock nut. From memory I had to ream the hole out, the rivet may have been stepped, cant rem 100% Mick but it wasn't my fav job at the time lol

Here's a pic of the scuttle panel i have, there's a very small bit on the OS thats rusted through

At each side its a bit rusty on the under side but you can access it to clean up and treat and its not gone through anywhere else.

Its complete with the brackets underneath and part of the box section that runs across behind the dash

(chopped it out like this to keep the strength/shape while storing it)

So it can easily be cleaned back and the spot welds drilled out to leave just the scuttle panel

or just chop out the end sections and graft them in to replace your bent parts

img5991.jpg

img5992.jpg

I'm only over in Harrogate and want £5 for it if your interested :thumbup