Are These Legal?

Paul G

if memory serves i think the article i read said the h.i.d kits are only strictly legal if the headlamps are self leveling to avoid blinding other motorists but as we all know that system doesnt appear to work in the real world as any oncoming car with h.i.d lamps blinds you no matter what :blink:B)

EU legislation states that new cars fitted with HID lights must have a self levelling system and headlight washers. There are no current rules regarding the retro fitting of these systems. Car headlights have to produce a white light so best to use 6000k or 8000k bulbs.

I have a set fitted to my Calibra and 1 of my Mantas both have passed MOTs no problem, never been pulled over for them either.

Ive got hid kits for my dipped and full beam. WOW! its like day and night the difference its makes in those twin head lights, i can see where im going. I adjusted my dipped beam myself, just on a wall, before an mot (normal headlamps) and it passed. I then fitted my hid and the spread of light isn't blinding any drivers and i haven't been flashed. Ive got the 6K which gives a white light (scarily white) and have never been pulled by the police. I would imagine if you were to fit an 8K which is a more blue light then they might pick up that something is a bit funny. Its up to you but i would highly recommend them!

Craig

It was an ebay job for me, just type in H1 hid kit and there is loads. Obviously if you dont have H1 lamps dont type that in. The guy i bought from advertises them for about a pound but its about £37 delivery. You know your having to pay aboutn £40 anyway so it doesn't matter how. Here is the one i bought, he has loads.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-H1-6000K-HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-Car-Bulb-Set-35W_W0QQitemZ290355787093QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439a8db555&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

One of my ballasts didn't work on the second set i bought but the guy had no problem sending me out a whole new set for nothing.