Lower Wishbone Bushes 1984 Manta Coupe

The General

OK OK. this might sound like a dumb A** question, but

(1) can anyone recomend where i can get replacement STANDARD bushes from? I have a set of bottom wishbones with no rubber bush or metal sleave in them !!!

(2) If not, can anyone give me the GM part numbers for these bushes.

(3) what other GM cars used these bushes? I cannot belive it was only "CAV MANTA and ASCONA" !

Thanks in Advance i will post some piccy's soon for all 2 see!

Do you mean the ones that mount to the chassis leg (outrigger bush) thru the trailing arm with the 22mm bolt??

If so I have a new GM set of them you welcome to buy for £45 + post the pair or you can get them from doc manta over in Germany www.dr-manta.de

Do you mean the ones that mount to the chassis leg (outrigger bush) thru the trailing arm with the 22mm bolt??

If so I have a new GM set of them you welcome to buy for £45 + post the pair or you can get them from doc manta over in Germany www.dr-manta.de

Hi there and thanks for your reply and your offer.

The bushes i am looking to get are the actual bottom wishbone bushes not the trailing arm bushes as i am going to replace those with powerflex. when you fix powerflex replacement bushes into a bottom wishbone you heat up the rubber and push it out of the case that the bush is molded into. this leaves the metal bush outer in place, but i dont even have these left in the wishbone!! someone has pressed out the bushes complete ! so the only option is new GM bushes, or if anyone knows a substitue from other makes or models, or maybe even some kind person who might be able to sell me a pair of wishbones!!! If anyone can sell me a pair of manta B bottom wishbones with good bushes or knackered bushes i would quite willingly pay for them and send my old ones back in exchange. THATS A PROMISE ! Even if the bushes are knackered i can replace them with powerflex bushes, but without the metal "outer bush case" in the wishbone i cant even fit the powerflex option!

It's just getting desperate now i have a nearly restored manta with no useable bottom wishbones ! Great !

Any ideas / Options / Alternatives from other cars/makes/models would be most helpful.

• 1 month later...

Even if the bushes are knackered i can replace them with powerflex bushes, but without the metal "outer bush case" in the wishbone i cant even fit the powerflex option!

Superflex also supply the metal sleeve-in stainless steel. Pic of mine i replaced a while ago...

22102009401.jpg

22102009400.jpg

Superflex part no. SPF 1550 Price £31.70ea. excl VAT

http://www.superflex.co.uk/results.php?maker=20&man_name=GM&searchmodel=52&Search=Go

Hope this helps.

Highly recommend superflex they transformed my car :D And yep as endakillian says you get new sleeves with them too just be very careful when fitting the front ones as the wishbone is open here and considerable force is needed. :blink: Its very easy to distort the arm if youre not careful! :thumbup

just be very careful when fitting the front ones as the wishbone is open here and considerable force is needed. :blink: Its very easy to distort the arm if youre not careful! :thumbup

Very true. The arm is very weak when the steel sleeve is pressed out. Before either pressing out the old one or pressing in the new one i tacked a few bits of bar around the edge of the arm to support it like so...

picwithweldedbar.jpg

Edited by endakillian

Very true. The arm is very weak when the steel sleeve is pressed out. Before either pressing out the old one or pressing in the new one i tacked a few bits of bar around the edge of the arm to support it like so...

picwithweldedbar.jpg

Guys, Thanks for all the support, sorry for late reply setting up a new business so im very busy. The photo's are fantastic and thanks for them as they have answered all the questions ! What a Forum !!

The General