For Sale

mbmk2cav

i am selling my opel manta gte hatch in white on a b reg. its got 3 mths tax and 9 mths mot. average condition but could do with a little tlc, open to sensible offers any further questions please feel free to pm me or ring or text on 07855659716 thanks. px why?

• 3 weeks later...

It's mine, all mine :D

I picked this up last weekend and save starting a new thread. It's a non sunroof model and has a one key for all locks except petrol cap, the interior is very nice, an early recaro interior without a worn out bolster is quite a rarity these days, just needs a good hoover out and I'd better get a drivers seat cover to keep it in order. Work wise, it's mainly bodywork. The doors are needing some attension as are the rear arches, the bonnet needs replacing but the wings, roof and tailgate are in good order so I may avoid having to respray everything (I may even get a price for a professional place rather than me do it). The car drives very well, all the controls are very tight, there's just a hell of a noise which I think is a wheel bearing so I didn't push the speed back home (too much :lol: ). Engine wise, it's been 9 years since owning a GTE (and my last was auto) so the fuel injection feels quite smooth, however from cold there's a lot of spluttering at over 4000 rpm and it smells a bit petrolly when it happens. The engine bay has a K&N 57i but unfortunately it needs replacing and the air mass metre is hanging and cable tied in place, plus the lid falls off it so I may replace all this too. I've got loads of stuff to go into the engine bay, so once it's had a good clean up I'll be able to dress it up well. Got the exhaust to replace, the windscreen and the speedo cable too so all in all I'm very pleased with it, a nice semi-project to go with the others :lol: .

^ I paid a little more than my initial offer, with 2 days insurance, fuel and my taxi down to collect I've gone way over what I should have :unsure: so I'm a bit skint to do the necessary work, my spare windscreen doesn't have the tinted sunstrip so I'm going to have to fork out for that also. I'll get a few pics once I've made a start, currently it looks like it does in the pistonheads photo's, if they're still there.

Cheers Sean, I hate to say it but I'm boringly keeping the GTE in pretty much standard form so I'm going to look out for a replacement windscreen with the tinted-in strip. The glass does have an overall brown tint to it, is that a rarer or more common one does anyone know??