400 Replica Coupe Wanted!

Volksdevil

Stick to what you want Neil, i built mine as i always wanted a 400 kitted 24v Manta and i still enjoy here every day, i nipped to do the shopping today at morrisons in her and she still brings a smile, pick all your bits up so everything is ready when you come to building her its alot easier and quicker with a bit of prep.

Cheers Steve :thumbup

Rutt's, the black one looks smart, but too expensive IMO. I've got a decent lump of cash on one side...just a case of waiting for the right motor, which could obviously take a while going off how long it's taken so far :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well spotted Rab :thumbup and cheers John...

I have the cash for it..But. I just don't like it :lol: It just dosn't jump out at me as 'The one' for whatever reason...

yet the brilliantly fitted driverside door and the white door handle was the first thing that impressed me.

Neil? the right one will show up :thumbup

yet the brilliantly fitted driverside door and the white door handle was the first thing that impressed me.

Neil? the right one will show up :thumbup

Doesnt say in the ad but it could have fiberglass doors hence the poor fit .... or maybe it is just knackered :thumbup

Aye it's been a while Gary :lol: But im determined to own my dream car! :D And I have the cash sat here for one now.

Really want to buy a ready kitted one, because i want something completed/finished/road worthy straight away, something i can maybe put my own personal but subtle touch onto.

Id love to buy one that's been built by one of the "Manta Guru's" that are out there B)

Neil.

Reyt... :lol:

As i've just made an offer on a house...Will consider a good Red Coupe, prefer an earlier one with the chequered interior.

If a 400R comes along then im still interested, but a standard or xe'd red coupe would do me fine.

Should i start another advert and leave this one running lads?

Neil.

Aye, spotted that thanks mate :D I believe it's on here too (without the pics)

Just a quick one...Is it correct that it has the exclusive boot spoiler on an 85 c plate? I do really prefer the smaller one unless they are 400 kitted meself. Will keep my eye on it, although im not mad on it tbh.

Neil.

Edited by Volksdevil

Looking at the advert for the red coupe 16v a couple of things spring to mind.

If the chassis rail/swan neck areas have been patched before and are rusting through again we can conclude 2 things

1: they weren't done very well before and 2: they will need chopping out completely to fix correctly (so engine and subframe out)

Also while the pictures aren't exactly brilliant i can just about make out the complete lack of any heater in the engine bay.

Thats not ideal for a road car in the Uk is it?

Will be interesting to see how much a non running rusty manta coupe will go for though :o

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on why im not too mad on it :D Im always a little wary that people may think im being too picky, so it's good to see that you know where im coming from on this one. :thumbup

Another thing that struck me was the recent respray, but yet the front panel/wing are pretty badly bubbled, so there may well be other bits hiding under the paint.

Will still keep an eye on it but id much rather find something like this in the gallery. I actually emailed Richard, but he hasn't owned it for 4 years :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil, just spotted this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-Opel-Manta-B-Coupe-Non-Sunroof-16v-Running-on-45s_W0QQitemZ230448714258QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item35a7d05212#ht_1181wt_958

It's not a 400 but it's cheap and looks solid, stick a 400 kit on it and a set of wheels and 2k on top of this it would be perfect :thumbup

Just looking again and it's got some bits you would change but i can see around 2.5k as a buy price?

I sold my mint 16v coupe for 2k back in the day and it had every proper part you could throw at a manta on it

kevsbeast2.jpg

Edited by Kevin Abbott

Cheers lads, but i've decided to give up on the search :(

I've got £7k on one side now, and it's just getting too near Tommi Mak evo 6 money. Decided the Corrado is going too, i've just had a brain fart and decided to forget old cars...

Time to han up my vw keys, give up on old cars and move on to try something different.

Neil.

Cheers lads, but i've decided to give up on the search :(

I've got £7k on one side now, and it's just getting too near Tommi Mak evo 6 money. Decided the Corrado is going too, i've just had a brain fart and decided to forget old cars...

Time to han up my vw keys, give up on old cars and move on to try something different.

Neil.

Well If I knew it was 7 grand then I would have sold you my red cavvy coupe :lol:

I hope you find something nice then and when you do mind a get some pics of it on the forum.

Ta,

Deano.

You'll regret buying a evo :( kinda had a gutt feeling you might go down that route :(

Have to admit haven't seen anything 'good' for sale in the last few months, BUT I wouldn't let that put me off.

Anyhow all the best Neil, hope you get the car you want.

GL

Keith