400 Replica Coupe Wanted!

Volksdevil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thread resurrection lol :D

I mentioned to Rutts earlier that I've bought myself a new house, the deposit killed me, but it doesn't stop my yearning for a 400R! I have no 'cash' on one side for one anymore so to speak, but I have been searching for so damn long now that if the right car came up (At reasonable/not silly scene money) I would probably just get a bloody loan and have done with it! :lol:

So... B) If anyone knows of a road going/ready to run 400R in white or red then give me a shout. Not after a project so anything that needs kitted or rebuilt is no good for me. I know there is a superb 400R out there for me somewhere!

• 4 months later...

Next thread ressurection!

Just read this whole thread!

My first comment would be that there is a LOT of crap out there, a lot of what is advertised, mainly on ebay, as a 400 replica, is actually a typical rotten manta that has at some point had a badly fitted mass of fibreglass clagged onto it!

My second comment would be that £7K is not nearly enough to buy a REALLY GOOD 400 rep. Double it and you would be closer. There is a very nice one in Ireland on ebay for 17K with LET engine, and that is a nice car that is not rotten.

I say all this and realise that despite building them and working on them, I can't afford one myself. Even if my labour was free I couldn't build one for £7k!!!

Ah well, will stick to autograss racing and building cars for other people!

Next thread ressurection!

Just read this whole thread!

My first comment would be that there is a LOT of crap out there, a lot of what is advertised, mainly on ebay, as a 400 replica, is actually a typical rotten manta that has at some point had a badly fitted mass of fibreglass clagged onto it!

My second comment would be that £7K is not nearly enough to buy a REALLY GOOD 400 rep. Double it and you would be closer. There is a very nice one in Ireland on ebay for 17K with LET engine, and that is a nice car that is not rotten.

I say all this and realise that despite building them and working on them, I can't afford one myself. Even if my labour was free I couldn't build one for £7k!!!

Ah well, will stick to autograss racing and building cars for other people!

i will second that you cant build 1 cheap:) and do it reet. 7k?? that doesnt cover the bits you need b4 you throw a rebuilt shell in.. i dare not add how much ive spent so far..

Edited by mickappy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...