Gt/e Coupe 16V

gooseless

hi all, after just recently restoring my 86 gt/e coupe and modifing it, i,m being forced into selling her due to a recent split. the car has gone through a ground up restoration to inc being stripped completely and repainted inside and out in original gold colour! (or platinum silver as it,s so called!) it,s been fitted with spax adjustables, lowered 60mm, fitted with a xe-16v from a 1 owner cav sri with only 65,000 miles on her! i,ve kept it on the original coil pack set up along with wiring and injection system plus ecu. i,ve also got a complete set of twin webber 45"s on manifold with twin 4" k/n filters to suit this engine included in the sale! full ashley exhaust system fitted and a brand new set of 9x16 inch borbet a"s with 225/45/16 inch tyres fitted! all 5 of original alloys are also present. the interior of this car can only be described as mint! original bill of sale is included along with some history. i,ve also fitted a brand new calibra turbo clutch when building this back up again. everything under the bonnet has been colour coded to match the exterior. i,ve fitted a fan set-up from an astra gte to inc an in-line temp sensor which automatically controls the fan! apart from one crack in the front corner of the bumper, this car is absolutly mint top, middle and bottom. fully stone chipped underneath as well! i,ve spent a lot of money on this and time so it,s with regret that i,m being forced to sell her, i only hope the pictures can speak for themselves! please call paul on 07985 104481 as due to the split, i,ll not have very much time on my pc. the car is located in luton beds jct 11 off the m1 motorway. many thanks. car has mot till may 2010, and will have 6 mths tax on her! i cannot put up any pic,s as i dont know how to! any help would be good please folks

Edited by gooseless

hi all, after just recently restoring my 86 gt/e coupe and modifing it, i,m being forced into selling her due to a recent split. the car has gone through a ground up restoration to inc being stripped completely and repainted inside and out in original gold colour! (or platinum silver as it,s so called!) it,s been fitted with spax adjustables, lowered 60mm, fitted with a xe-16v from a 1 owner cav sri with only 65,000 miles on her! i,ve kept it on the original coil pack set up along with wiring and injection system plus ecu. i,ve also got a complete set of twin webber 45"s on manifold with twin 4" k/n filters to suit this engine included in the sale! full ashley exhaust system fitted and a brand new set of 9x16 inch borbet a"s with 225/45/16 inch tyres fitted! all 5 of original alloys are also present. the interior of this car can only be described as mint! original bill of sale is included along with some history. i,ve also fitted a brand new calibra turbo clutch when building this back up again. everything under the bonnet has been colour coded to match the exterior. i,ve fitted a fan set-up from an astra gte to inc an in-line temp sensor which automatically controls the fan! apart from one crack in the front corner of the bumper, this car is absolutly mint top, middle and bottom. fully stone chipped underneath as well! i,ve spent a lot of money on this and time so it,s with regret that i,m being forced to sell her, i only hope the pictures can speak for themselves! please call paul on 07985 104481 as due to the split, i,ll not have very much time on my pc. the car is located in luton beds jct 11 off the m1 motorway. many thanks. car has mot till may 2010, and will have 6 mths tax on her! i cannot put up any pic,s as i dont know how to! any help would be good please folks

i,ve just been speaking to mr ian virco, our regional organiser who thankfully has some pictures of my car and will be trying to upload them onto the site! failing that, i could send them to any interested parties if needed! please also note that the price of the car is £5500 ono. and it truly reflects the condition of this car. many thanks paul.

i,ve just been speaking to mr ian virco, our regional organiser who thankfully has some pictures of my car and will be trying to upload them onto the site! failing that, i could send them to any interested parties if needed! please also note that the price of the car is £5500 ono. and it truly reflects the condition of this car. many thanks paul.

the car has just been advertised on the piston-heads web site complete with 9 photo,s for anyone to view under the opel manta section! cheers

After saying i'd put some photo's of this car on this thread i've had absolute hell trying to get the photos out of my camera and more cr*p trying to get them onto photobucket,i've still gotta get them onto this post... here goes...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0325.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0327.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0326.jpg

having looked over this car i can say it is really good,the paint finnish is excellent,which includes the engine bay. the interior is in perfect condition,i really cant fault this Manta,i know a lot of (expensive) effort went into restoring and converting this car.

Some people have commented on the wheels,i think they suit a Manta,being a typical Eighties modification,but wheels can soon be changed. This Manta looks 'right', you get certain cars that are over done or dont just quite 'gel together', there is nothing i'd change on this Manta, it's 'hit the mark' so much so i believe this Manta would definately be in contension for a prize at the Concours at Billing.

Edited by MANTAMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Looks superb Gooseless :) Good luck with the unfortunate/forced sale.

Neil.

1316267-1.jpg

many thanks neil mate. i,ll definatly build another one when the dust selltes in my home life! right now i,ve got to concentrate on securing my house for me and my daughter.

After saying i'd put some photo's of this car on this thread i've had absolute hell trying to get the photos out of my camera and more cr*p trying to get them onto photobucket,i've still gotta get them onto this post... here goes...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0325.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0327.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/MANTAGOLD/DSCF0326.jpg

having looked over this car i can say it is really good,the paint finnish is excellent,which includes the engine bay. the interior is in perfect condition,i really cant fault this Manta,i know a lot of (expensive) effort went into restoring and converting this car.

Some people have commented on the wheels,i think they suit a Manta,being a typical Eighties modification,but wheels can soon be changed. This Manta looks 'right', you get certain cars that are over done or dont just quite 'gel together', there is nothing i'd change on this Manta, it's 'hit the mark' so much so i believe this Manta would definately be in contension for a prize at the Concours at Billing.

thank you very much ian for all your help in sourcing the parts needed to build this car! you know i,ll be coming back for some more!!!