Brakes? Im Lost

young kadett kinin

i need some help with brakes, iv seen mantas with 2.2 carlton disks and cav GSI calipers, are the 2.2 disks not 246mm and the cav GSI 256mm, how does this work, is there not overlap?

if you have any other sugestion for brakes on my kadett c with a c20ne in it, i no its not a manta but underneath there fairly similar so please help

For 256mm discs there is an Audi disc that has the correct offset and diameter

It does need the centre bore opening up and 4 new mounting holes drilling through it

But thats not that hard or expensive to get done, at an engineers

with that it bolts on with the vauxhall cavalier/astra/omega calipers and gives very good brakes :thumbup

The audi disc is only listed for a couple of models and years, i found it in my local parts place under

'Audi 80 2.0 16v with vented disc made between 08/91-07/92'

It has 256x22mm disc's and the important thing is an offset of 56.5mm (standard manta was 57mm) most other audis have an offset of around 30mm.

The last pair i got from my local motorfactor were about £50 plus whatever your local engineer costs

So pretty cheap conversion all in.

thank you that is great help, but will the calibra caliper bolt right on, or will it need modifying or sparcers?

if i were to use audi disks and calibra calipers would 8x13 ats classics fit over them

HI

Below is a link to a picture of Audi disks and Astra MK4 calipers fitted, every think just bolted on lovely no spacers or modification required :thumbup

New Disks & Calipers

Edited by guysat

thank you that is great help, but will the calibra caliper bolt right on, or will it need modifying or sparcers?

if i were to use audi disks and calibra calipers would 8x13 ats classics fit over them

Sorry forgot about that, yes any of the Vauxhall ATE calipers from a car with 256x24 discs will bolt directly on and line up spot on.

Don't think they will fit under 13" alloys but i haven't actually tried them myself.

I've had them under 13" weller steels and standard manta GT/e 14" alloys